chapter 1 ; SCHOOLS OUT FOR SUMMA!

A DAISY IN THE WINTER

-*: .。. .。.:*☆§ ⁑ ☆*: .。. .。.:*☆ %‽☆*: .。. .。.:*☆※♪☆*: .。. .。.:*↬◇◐↖-

"WHAT'S YOUR problem, Greta. Last time I checked you were "too pretty" to be hanging out with people like us." the redhead hissed, her anger as red as her hair. Sure, Raine Baxter was nothing short of the quiet nerd, but when it came to bullying, you know she would stand up for anyone without a second thought. Raine did not know who was in the stall that day, only that the blonde bully was taunting her by the name of "Beaverly" or "school s***" 

Before briefly glancing at her friends, the blonde stepped forward so she was standing over the redhead, while whispering in her ear. "Listen here, b***, I get it your new and all, but two things. One, that girl in the stall is Beverly Marsh, known for sleeping around with guys, and we can't let that happen can we? And second, i'm Greta Keene, this is my school, no ones told me different. I can do whatever the hell I want here, understand, Newbie?" Greta spat, with a sarcastic looking smirk. 

"That's funny, I don't think I see your name on the school. Unless you wrote your name here with a stupid crayon just so you can "be higher" then everyone else. You're just jealous that Beverly can actually get people to look at her-" the girl was rudely interrupted by a burning sensation in her lungs, as her brain failed to connect the dots that Greta Keene had just shoved her down and knocked the wind out of her. 

"Watch what you say, Newbie, because next time I won't be so nice." Greta sniggered, giving her a kick to the ribs, before strutting out with her two minions trailing behind her. 

The redhead soundlessly gets up to unlock the door of the bathroom stall, where Beverly had been sitting, carefully listening to the girls bicker back and forth, too scared to intervene. "Uh, Beverly, right? Coast's clear, you can come out now." she kindly told the girl, and in a few moments, the door slowly creaked open, to reveal another redhead with freckles sprinkled across her face, and big round eyes. 

Beverly couldn't bear to look up at the character, for she was embarrassed that she couldn't assist Raine in battling the demon. "Uh, thanks for saving my a** back there. You didn't have to, really" Beverly assured, feeling quite guilty. "Oh, sure, I gotta go" Raine mumbled, realizing what she had done, and quickly getting back into her quite demeanor. 

-*: .。. .。.:*☆§ ⁑ ☆*: .。. .。.:*☆ %‽☆*: .。. .。.:*☆※♪☆*: .。. .。.:*↬◇◐↖-

Raine had trudged on for a little while now, afraid to go home in fear of getting hurt, so she headed to a forest like area, sat down, and just relaxed. Only moments later, she thought she heard a faint ticking sound, and turned around to see her dad standing not too far away, holding a red balloon. tick , tock , tick , tock. Her dad kept whispering, while his head slowly started shifting so now it lay upside down on the grass, mouthing the same words, all while Raine watched with an expression only describable as horror etched on her face. 

She started tingling, as his head started gently rolling towards her, while his body followed. The strangest thing happened, though. The redhead felt a magnetic pull towards the head, her eyes never breaking to blink. Her eyes widened ever so slightly as his mouth began to drool, the red liquid floating in the air, spelling out 'YOU'LL FLOAT TOO'.  Reaching a tentative hand out to touch the lifeless head on the ground, slightly grazing sharp teeth that came out of nowhere, she was snapped out of it when she heard a sloshing sound in the river, followed by a "HOLY S***!" the poor girl blinked once, and all of it disappeared, but she couldn't shake the feeling that she was being watched as she raced through the grass, desperate to find the SOURCE OF THE SOUNDS...

-*: .。. .。.:*☆§ ⁑ ☆*: .。. .。.:*☆ %‽☆*: .。. .。.:*☆※♪☆*: .。. .。.:*↬◇◐↖-

A/N: hope you like the first chapter, sorry if it was kinda short, they'll get longer I promise!

- T E A