An annoying, yet interesting encounter

I've always been extraverted, however, it wasn't enough. Although I had many friends, I couldn't reveal my true self - an obsessed otaku side. I've spent several nights talking to strangers about anime, manga, and, most importantly, yaoi. That's how I met Serinuma. I knew she was amazing, although I've never seen her in real life. My life was perfect - I had friends, my brother who sometimes was an ass, my lovely dog, until that moment, which drastically changed everything. My father died. Our family was devastated; he was our only financial support yet we had to move to another city. Since my mother was extremely talented, she immediately got a job offer. We started packing up to avoid wasting the time. But, I had to leave everything behind. The thoughts made my eyes tear up.

The move out was in a week. I was sitting on the floor, looking at the stars, which were shining brighter than usual.

"Is that how my happy life ends?" I questioned myself.

The new world which unexpectedly opened up to me was truly terrifying. I genuinely couldn't understand how I felt. Anxious? Or exciting? I didn't notice when I fell asleep - thinking can be exhausting. As the dawn made my lovely room gleam in pastel colors, I took a shower, brushed my hair, looked at my room for the last time, and went to the car. The new and unpredictable chapter was gonna begin.

It took so long to get to our new house! I was so bored that I started picking up fights with my brother; we were both laughing so hard and so much, although we both knew that our laughter was just a coping mechanism for upcoming anxiety. We were the only ones who were anxious, my dog was barking the whole trip due to excitement, and my mother was beautifully singing her favorite songs. Not to brag, but a melodic voice was in our DNA, so I was joining her from time to time.

When the car finally stopped, it took some time for me to look out the window - I didn't have enough courage to accept those sudden changes. The moment I looked out, I was shocked.

"I've never seen such a beautiful neighborhood! There are so many cherry blossoms! And the village is so nicely built that nature and the civilization here are practically like two puzzle pieces! It's almost like in my favorite romance anime." I kept screaming and moving around.

"Calm down, sister. If you keep screaming about your anime you'll scare all the neighbors off." said my older brother with a smirk. I was too excited to talk back, so I carried all the posters, pillows, and decorations to my new room. Oh, you should've seen that view! The cherry blossom was growing near my window, so I could easily touch the flowers, and, across the road, there was this nicely decorated brown house. Its windows were shimmering with golden light and I could easily see the silhouettes.

"Ah, I wanna meet my neighbors so bad... I hope one of them is an otaku too..." I was thinking out loud.

Suddenly my stomach made this terribly loud noise. I didn't eat anything in the morning. I ran down the stairs, and I was so happy to smell my favorite chicken soup, I even started drooling.

"Dear, can you walk our dog?" My mother was peacefully stirring the soup and listening to the music. Thankfully, she did not look at me. My face was full of disappointment, however, I quickly walked out.

It was around 5 pm, but the weather was warm and welcoming and sunlight was brushing my hair. I was quietly singing my favorite song and reading manga.

"Hey, you idol wannabe." 

      I turned around, shocked. My face was so red due to anger. I saw a tall blond guy, his eyes were sparkling green. He came up and lifted my face by the chin. My cheeks turned red again, however, due to another reason. The height difference was huge.

"Huh? No one to sponsor you? Not even your father?" He started laughing.

My facial expression changed. Yeah, in front of this jerk! Ah, it was quite embarrassing, but I just picked my dog up and ran away. I didn't even care about the jerk's reaction. I went back home and quietly ate my chicken soup. I went upstairs and entered my room. I opened the window. I've been gazing at the stars, the cherry blossom. Was moving here a mistake?

All of a sudden I saw a suspicious shadow running around our house. The cherry blossom suddenly cracked.