1

Reba and Carolyn have worked together since 2007. Since the pandemic and all, Carolyn decided to leave, and move onto other projects. Reba was heartbroken when she found a letter that Carolyn left on her desk,stating why she left and that she was sorry she had to leave. 'Why, why did you have to leave?' She thought, Carolyn didn't say why she left or where she was going. Reba begin to wonder what could have happened to make Carolyn leave. She tried calling her, but all she got was that the number had been disconnected. "Brett!" Brett came in with a paper in his hand. "You got one too? Did she tell you where she's going?" Reba shook her head sighing. "I was hoping you would know." Brett looked down, "I wish I did. I would go get her and bring her back." Reba lightly chuckled, "and that's why she didn't tell us because she knew that's what we would do."
——————

Carolyn knew she did wrong by how she left, but she couldn't stand facing her friend, but definitely not reba and explaining everything. Changing her number and saying goodbye to a place she's called home for years; was the best thing she could do. Turning off her phone, she looked out the window and waved. Facing forward she knew it was a fresh start starting now.
————-

Everybody moved on, Reba found someone that changed her life. She met Rex on the set of Young Sheldon a year after Carolyn left. Carolyn traveled places she hasn't and that's when she met Jim at a lodge on a trip to Alaska.

"He makes me laugh, but something feels off." Reba explained to Brett. He nodded knowing what she was referring to, even if she doesn't. "It's been two and a half years Reba, time to move on." Reba looked up at him through the mirror, "what are you talking about?" Brett sets the brush down. "I know you two had something, but you never got the chance to tell her. She left and has probably moved on the way you should." Reba scoffed, "I don't know what you're talking about Brett." He rolls his eyes and goes back to her make up and hair.

Carolyn finished the last touches and grabbed her purse. She couldn't believe that she was actually back in Nashville and was about to see her former boss for the first time in 2 1/2 years. If you didn't think she was nervous you'd be wrong. She was so nervous that it took her forever to pick out an outfit.

Reba steps out of her truck and walks up to Melissa's and walks in. Mel hugs her and hands her a beer. "Thanks, now why am I here? Where is everyone? Am I early?" Mel laughs, "Geez Red, no you're on time and you'll find out soon."
Reba and Mel were talking in the kitchen when the door opens. "Hey Mel...Reba?"