• Aurora Lestrange; the letter (victorian era) •

A letter Aurora Lestrange wrote for her three younger sisters during a stormy night in Ireland. 

February, 1851

Ireland

My dear sisters,

     It truly hurts me to write this letter but something happend. I told you about William Carter, a kind man I was seeing in secret, who understood me in such a different way. You met him once when we got bread and pasties from the bakery for fathers birthday. You three loved to teased me after the encounter and you never failed to mention his stuttered words or my flushed cheeks. 

     His family background held some secrets I didn't know about but those secrets catched up to him. 

     His father was a pirate and he left his crew when his wife got pregnant with Will. His crew understood but their enemys crew tried to find him and his family. They found them when William was seven and killed his father. His mother managed to hide with her son.

     Now they turned up again, taking William with them. His mother told me about a bracelet they were searching for, the very same bracelet that decorates my wrist.

     The decision I made wasn't easy and it hurts me, it breaks my heart into million pieces. I have to find him. He is still alive and I need to bring him back home.

     That means leaving for some time. Pirates took him and I need to find a pirates ship and sneak onto it for a chance. The only chance I have to find him.

     I called off the marriage father had assigned for me. True love exists and I've found it in you, my beloved sisters, but also in William. I can not handle sitting in this big mansion, safe and sound, while he is out there on the sea, being held by brutal pirates.

     I promise I will come back home, I will come back and bring him with me for you all to finally meet him. And I promise I will tell you everything.

     It is not easy, not for me nor for you or father and it breaks me to hurt you. I will miss our search for seashells, but I promise I will bring back the most beautiful ones you'll ever see. I will miss holding you during storms, or playing with you in the rain. I will miss picking you up from the plattform and hugging you all for the longest time.

     Katherine, I will miss our late night talks, the adorable smile you have on your lips when you are rambling about your passion and the recent book you have read.

     Persephone, I will miss your sketches and the sound your feather is creating while you are staring at your paper in concentration.

     Electra, I will miss your painting. You are still so young but a pure talent with paint and a brush. I can't wait to see all the art you've created once I'm back.

     I promise I will be back soon and I will write everything down. I know you all love my written words and I will read all the storys to you that I will experience. 

     I love all of you so much and I am deeply sorry. Don't be mad at me for too long, my beautiful sisters. And take care of my lovely owl Archie while I'm gone, okay?

Love,
Aurora