A NEW LIFE

(A/n): hello again, I keep saying I'll be back, and I do come back. I'll be honest I lost my passion for writing for a but and have been struggling with depression through these past few months. I've lost a lot and I've gained a lot, but one thing stays the same. I am still here-Vamp

(Y/n's) 

After talking with the judge for over an hour and working out the next meeting with the lawyer we could finally leave the court house. I held my brothers hand as we went the stairs, he was still silent. Damn, I really thought this would make him talk, but we have to wait til the funeral to see if he'd actually talk. While I want to give my brother time, it's not normal. He won't even speak with Tyler or Ashley, verbally at least. 

.

"So how have you been (Y/n), I've missed hearing from you." Mrs. Toro said warmly. "Well, I haven't been doing much. I worked and took care of Corey, now I still do that but I have to bury my mother to rest and I just put my other abuser in jail." I shrugged. Mrs. Toro gasped, "Oh dear lord, you poor girl! I knew you were going through a bad time but I didn't think it was that bad." She hugged me, I hugged her back, but couldn't really feel much. "I know it's suppose to be sad, but it's all so complicated I don't really feel much of anything. I'm just happy I have Ray back, and I can finally protect Corey." I nodded, "I can see why you feel that way, even with the way things were it's always hard to do bury your own mother." She spoke with a sorrowful tone. I nodded, "It's been weird, but eye-opening. I'm just glad Ray was here to help me with this all. He's my rock." She nodded, "You're his." She put her hand on mine. 

"I think she knows that mom..." Ray said, he was looking off to the side, but I could tell he was blushing. "You have no idea how much of a cry baby he was before you two started dating." She laughed, "He was so cute too, scrawny though." I laughed back. "So it's pick on Ray day?" Luis asked, peaking from the kitchen. "Oh hey Luis, we weren't picking on him!" I said, ruffling Ray's hair. "I don't know about you but I was!" Mrs. Toro laughed. "Wow mom, I thought you loved me?" Ray fake cried, "We do, I just hold a grudge, he used to sit right in front of the tv when we were little, and his head was so huge I could barely watch Fraggle Rock!" Luis laughed, "You see how they do me babe? You see this disrespect?" Ray shook his head, "I was only hogging the tv because you wouldn't let me watch Jem. It was revenge!" he pointed. 

"One thing I've learned, never keep Ray away from his cartoons." Luis said. "Look I still have this bite mark!" We all laughed. I was still so drained, but I tried to welcome joy into my heart. I still had so much to do. No matter where I turned in that court room I felt my mother over my shoulder. When I was getting ready this morning I could swear I heard her in the house. It was only Ray but it all felt too real, I hope this is just burn out and Keyah isn't really haunting me. There's not much to do but wait and see.

I try to stay in the moment as much as possible, laughing, talking, pretending my life hadn't just changed for the best right before my eyes. The scariest part of my life had been taken away and now there was just two scared kids. An empty house, my little brother, and me. What we would do after we buried mom, I still don't know.

.

Ray's pov

We walked into the house, all tired, all feeling the day come down on us. We needed rest, we needed a night to put it all away. As we filed into the house, I locked the door behind us. "I think, I'm gonna take a bath." (Y/n) said faintly, trudging up the stairs. "Don't stay in too long, doll." I say, looking after Core. "You're half sleep little dude, let's get you to bed aye?" Corey just nodded and I picked him up. He was almost comatose by the time I put him in bed. I moved his hair out of his face, and made sure to turn on the fan. The kid's a natural heat source, and I make sure to leave the door open just a crack.

"He hates waking up in the dark." I said to myself. "You know him so well." I heard from behind me, I stopped. That voice so hollow but real. I turned around, "Keyah..." but there was nothing there. I just shake my head. "I'm too tired."

.

(Y/n) was slumped over the bed, her body still bare. I rubbed through her hair. She looked up at me, "You'll still love me when I'm all better, won't you?" Her eyes looked so tired. "Of course, I'll love you always. Also "all better" there's not much to fix." I shrugged. She sat back on her knees, looking down at me. "Don't lie, I am damaged. My life is just finally beginning, but for a long time my life was nothing but abuse. You can't tell me once I get used to being truly free you'll really love me like you do now." (Y/n) shook her head. I felt my face heating up, I said that all wrong. "I said that wrong!" I blurted out. "Hm?" She hummed. "I meant that I'd love you in all your states. Weather you feel free or trapped I'll always want to be with you. So I feel there's nothing to fix, I know you've been through a lot, but I've always felt that you're perfect." I stated, I really should just say what I'm thinking sometimes. I lean into the bed, and she bent down to face me.

"Look at me." I obeyed, "Thank you for this." She said, "I haven't done anything." I replied, "Yes you have, you love me all the time. Not just when I'm stable. You loved me when I left. You're crazy." (Y/n) stood up. "I knew you'd come back." I shrugged. She stared to dress behind me. "I'm happy I did." I heard her say, I crawled into the bed and laid out. "You helped me so much Ray, you helped me get a new life." She said, climbing in with me.

"I'll give you a lot more, I promise." I whispered, "You always have so much to give. What do you want?" (Y/n) asked, I never thought of that. What do I want? "You and Corey in a big house, safe and happy, my band still going around the world, and to bring all of that back to you at the end of the day." I spoke, "That's what I really want." I answered. "You're crazy, but I'll take that. It's a valid want. (Y/n) laughed, kissing my nose.

(A/n): hello again