Aftermath Part 2

Crosshair had been taken back to the experimental wing to be worked on by some droids. What were they doing to him? Nala Se and Admiral Tarkin stood by watching, observing the enhancements being made on Crosshair.

"CT-9904's genetic mutations have altered much of his cranial activity including his inhibitor chip" Nala Se said.

"Yet he was the only one to exhibit loyalty to the Empire during their mission" Tarkin remembered.

"While the chip is not as active as a standard's clones, the order appears to be working."

"Can you intensity the programming?" Tarkin asked.

"Yes."

"Proceed to do so then."

Meanwhile back in the brig cell the batchers were trapped in, all they could do were sit and wait for the opportunity to escape presume itself. Tech and Echo sat thinking hard, trying to piece a plan together. Wrecker paced back and fourth keeping up with his itch to throw a punch at something. Hunter and Ryla sat near each other, both still looking worried over Crosshair.

"What is that on your wrist Ryla?" Tech asked, intrigued.

"Oh, it's my own cloaking device I built."

"You built your own cloaking device to make yourself completely invisible? How did you do that? That takes quiet the engineering."

"Honestly, I dont know. I guess I'm just good with these types of things. I only found enough supplies to make the effect last for at least twenty seconds so I only use it for emergencies."

"I could help you upgrade it if you would like" he kindly offered.

"Really?" she said with an interested voice.

"Of course, I've got just the tools for it. I can assist you with it later."

"Okay, thanks Tech." He let out a soft chuckle, nodding at her confirming his happiness to help her out.

But one question still brought her back to being worried.

"What are they gonna do to him?" Ryla asked Hunter.

"I don't know kid, that's why I'm worried. But we're gonna get out of this."

"I have to ask," Hunter started saying, "why do you want to leave Kamino?" Ryla stayed quiet for a moment trying to find the right words to say.

"It's that bad isn't it?" Hunter inquired. She nodded her head in response.

"It's not good for me to be here anymore. It's not safe."

"What do you mean it's not good anymore?"

"Um, come here." Ryla got him to follow her back into a further corner of the room. She wanted to show him something she had never shown anyone else. Her voice hushed to an even quieter whisper.

"This is what happens to defective clones that have a bunch of wild things up with them." Hunter then appeared shocked as she rolled up her thin sleeves. He saw all the scars and bruises.

"What'd they do to you kid?"

"Painful tests and experiments to see how long my strength lasts and how much pain I can take. That's all I go through around here nowadays. Unless if they don't catch me. I have my ways of staying hidden around the facility, especially hanging around inside the air ducts for a while. I just have to get out of here. Or I'm gonna die here from those experiments killing me one day." She almost started crying and Hunter could see it, but she kept the tears away for now. Now Hunter knew they all had to escape, and he had to take her with them. That was no way for a kid to live.