1 | smlapaiwr

say my name like a prayer, and i will remember.

×

"princess, someone at the palace front is causing trouble. shall we get rid of them?" your attendant informed you as as you placed down the book you were reading.

"trouble? at the royal palace?" you asked as you stood up from your seat.

"it is said to be a diviner looking for you."

"what do you mean a diviner? i don't need it." you cocked an eyebrow towards your attendant and gestured that she get out.

"things like these aren't supposed to be reported on my end. you could just get rid of them," you lazily told her yet the attendant didn't move an inch.

"the head of the amory duchy accompanied the diviner, princess (first name). we cannot merely tell them to go without your order."

"..the amory duchy?"

"what would lord ares need in the palace with a diviner?" you said out loud as you walked outside your chambers.

your attendant following you from behind mouthed, "it is not lord ares, princess."

"what do you mean?" you stopped in your pace.

"lady gizem of the amory duchy has reclaimed her title and wished to give you greetings.. but it seems like her companion started to cause trouble."

"..gizem is alive?" you mouthed as a state of shock ran through your mind.

you took no more stop overs as you immediately walked down the halls. your heels clicking along the marbled floor with very step you take.

for a brief moment, something caught your eye— the ever so familiar silhouette accompanied with someone who holds dark purple locks.

"..princess (first name)." gizem's loud voice resonated through the palace walls making you stop from your steps. your gaze directly piercing at them as she gives you a smile you never thought you'd see again.

"i give you my greetings, princess (first name). i am lady gizem delia amory,"

"and this is—" the man besides gizem cuts her off mid sentence.

"scaramouche," he smiled at you, "i also give my greetings to the princess of svart."

×

"what is your business with me, lady gizem?" you asked her as you moved your meeting to a private room.

"can't i visit my friend?" she smiled while drinking her tea— ever so poised. her diviner standing next to her as we chatter.

"ah. my friend lady gizem that magically disappeared from the duchy for a decade then suddenly reclaimed back her title.. sounds a little suspicious, don't you think?"

"well then, did you miss me?" she kept joking around as she finally puts down her teacup.

"i'm here to offer my diviner." she followed up her sentence.

"i do not need such." you simply replied,

"but that is not what your heart calls out to, is it not, princess of svart?" gizem's diviner speaks out as he also gave that weird manic smile gizem always gives you from before.

"let me introduce myself again, i am scaramouche. i am a world renowned diviner."

"lady gizem is one of my long time clients— and now currently my medium."

"medium?" you subconsciously answered as gizem only smiled like a porcelain doll.

"i help people reconnect with their past."

"with the help of lady gizem, you may even talk to them."

"i have no one to reconnect with and i do not believe in such."

"if this is what you wanted to say, then i believe i've heard enough of this tomfoolery." you sighed as you couldn't believe your long time friend got fooled with his acts.

as soon as you were about to leave, the diviner mouthed, "i know princess (first name) and princess nura the best."

its been quite awhile ever since you've heard someone in the palace mention that name. that long forgotten name of the sickly crown princess— your sister.

you were too stunned to speak as suddenly the room dimmed down to a dark fiery ambiance.

"what's happening?" you asked out loud as scaramouche began to speak,

"someone your heart truly wants to reconnect— i call out to you! heave this poor diviner's desperation and show yourself!" he yelled out as a white divinely glow glimmered through the dark room.

it felt like forever yet was gone within a flash.

like nothing ever happened— except.

"how was it?" gizem was suddenly inches away from your face, pinning you to the chair.

you could see yourself in her eyes as she mouthed one more time, "how was it like living like me, (first name)?"

you were frozen with her question as that phrase rang in your head like a broken bell.

"what are you waiting for, princess (first name)?" scaramouche smiled as gizem was still pinning you to her embrace.

"won't you answer, princess nura?"

×