Chapter 1: Doctor's Orders (Reader)

Hello lovelies! Most of you know the drill for reader x character but in case you didn't...
y/n=your name
l/n=last name
h/c=hair color
e/c=eye color
I think those are all I'm going to use but I'll add more if I end up using them. The story will be written in 1st person because second gets a little weird sometimes. Anyway enjoy reading and be sure to vote!!

My feet click across the tile as I move through the grand, echoey hallways with my hands stacked full of papers. This was something I always hated about growing up in the castle, the way people could always hear your footsteps basically anywhere you were in the halls. I'd rather be undetected with nobody aware of my presence. Not because I'm doing anything bad but because I don't like the attention. I'd rather be cooped up in the research lab studying ways to cure whatever Belos keeps assigning to us and if it we're up to me, I'd never leave expect for sleeping and eating. But here I am, slightly jogging through the almost empty hallways, hands full of papers, on my way to see Belos myself.

None of the other researchers like to present our progress at the weekly meetings, afraid that coming up short would put us on Belos's bad side. I am always nominated to present the progress because as the youngest in the research group, having turned 16 a couple months ago, the others feel like they can push me around. I don't mind it though, as soon as it's over I can retreat back to the lab and begin looking for whatever order Belos screamed in my face at our meeting.

I glance at my watch, scared I'm not going to make it on time and quicken my pace. My footsteps go from the rhythm of a clock to the gallop of a horse and I curse at myself for being so loud. But then again being late to Belos is far worse. I am almost about to turn the corner and enter the hallway where Belos's office is located when I slam into something. Papers scatter everywhere, rocking back and forth slowly in the air before the final gust of air decides to send them halfway across the hall.

"I am so so sorry." I sputter to the person I just ran into but I don't have time to see who it is before I'm on my knees gathering up the papers.

"Hey it's ok, don't worry about it. Here let me help." The person says, their voice sounding soothing and kind. I see their hands begin to pick up some of the papers beside me but I still don't look up, to focused on making it to Belos on time. When I finish I quickly stand back up.

"Well thank yo-" I start but cut myself off when I finally make eye contact with my obstacle and helper. I've never seen him before, but granted I don't go out very much. He looks young, almost around my age but his outfit shows he has a very high rank. His hair is almost bone white, shaved on both sides with a small strand out of place. I get the urge to push it back with the rest of his hair but obviously restrain myself. There is a scar on the left side of his face, right cheek. His eyes are magenta, such a rare and beautiful color almost like an expensive gem stone. Nothing compared to my basic e/c eyes. The bags under his eyes symbolize he has had a rough night but based on his demeanor I wonder if he always just looks like this.

I'm still staring when he finally clears his throat, probably feeling awkward about this situation. I probably look like a crazy person with my messy h/c ponytail, strands falling out around my face. I'm sure I also have some eyebags due to being up all night reading. I finally bring myself back into reality and manage to squeak a few more words out.

"I uh- just, thanks. I'm sorry again." I say checking my watch. 3 minutes until I'm late. His watches me do this gesture and immediately understands the situation.

"Oh, go right ahead, sorry for keeping you." He says with a smile and steps to the side even though this hallway is so big I could've just walked around him. I can't muster any words at the moment so I just nod in acknowledgment. I begin to turn the corner leading up to Belos's chamber when the boy speaks again.