Chpater 3: Reader

The art here is from Dana Terrace herself! :) (which btw he looks sooooooooooo good in) In these little spaces for pictures I'll probably just put fan art or screen caps of Hunter. Sorry for the delay on this part but enjoy! <3

P.S. this takes place like right after the last chapter so if you haven't read it in a while it might help to reread that real quick or not you do you :)

I stared in awe at the boy before me. He was the last thing I was expecting to see in the hallways as I was headed up to my room for the night. We finished up in the clinic and after a few awkward exchanges of thank yous and goodbyes, I went back to the research lab to drop off the huge handful of papers I had stupidly carried up there.

It hadn't been more than a few seconds since I closed the door to the lab and locked it when I heard a couple footsteps walking away from me. When I looked up I only saw the back of his head, his white hair recognizable from our earlier encounter. His head hung low and I wondered what he was up to so close to the lab.

Part of my brain told me to me to walk away. I knew how to step in these halls so no sound would echo from the soles of my feet. I could've easily slipped away, disregarding the huge surge of connection I felt when I saw him. Instead I decided to question his presence in hopes that what I had felt in the clinic wasn't me making things up in my head. Maybe we really did have a connection and I wasn't just crazy and sleep deprived.

At the sound of his name, he whipped his head around in my direction. Something like relief flooded his face as we made eye contact. He turned around fully to face me and we both stood at and awkward distance of about 3 feet. I didn't bother to move closer and neither did he but I could feel I pull in my chest begging me close the gap. I hugged my arms tightly around my body in a stupid attempt to silence the urge. Instinctively, I reached up and touched the bandaid on my face, making sure it was still there and reassuring myself that Hunter wasn't staring at me this time because I had blood dripping down my cheek once again.

"What are you doing here?" I finally ask trying not to sound pushy.

Instead of answering he continued to stare. I watched as his face shifted between different expressions, most of which looked happy or excited. After a few more moments I drifted off and began to study his face as I awaited an answer.

I looked from the piece of hair that stuck out of place to his magenta eyes and back again. Ugh how I wanted to fix the out of place strand. My eyes then wandered down to the scar on his right cheek. It's fully healed indicating that it's been with him for a long time and has a very slim probability of ever fully going away. That's okay, because I actually seem to like the character it gives him. My face heats up at the thought and I look down at my feet. I try to shove all of my thoughts and feelings down into the deepest crevasses of my body. I went over this before, I can't be thinking like this with a guy I just met. However, I do still get the urge to ask how he got it but I refrain since that information is usually personal.

If it weren't for the healers and their magic I would probably have many scars just like Hunter's due to how my meetings with Belos sometimes go. But healers are able to patch it up without a trace of it ever happening. I begin to get self conscious as I touch the bandaid on my face again. Would this leave a scar? As I much as I adorned the physical care when Hunter bandaged my face, I begin to realize that the reason people probably don't use the old method of medical treatment anymore is because it leaves leftover reminders of the injuries. Then again that must mean Hunter didn't go to a healer when he got his scar. Either that or it was so bad that the scar was the best the healers could do.

I try to push all those thoughts out of my head. At this point I could care less if I got a scar. I'm grateful it gave me the opportunity to meet Hunter and experience something so close and caring. Feelings that I have lacked in my life for so long. I want to continue talking with him. I don't know him very well but he seems, different in way. Sort of how I'm different.