My Worst Fear?

Hey, I'm back. Didn't die lol. But on a lighter note...

Guys! Over 1500 reads?! Thank you so much! I am so happy about all of this. And, if you haven't noticed, I decided to draw my own cover. I don't have a tablet or anything, so it isn't best. It doesn't help that I'm not the best artist lol. As always, sorry for my Spanish.

~~~~Luz~~~~

Was taking Amity's place the best idea? No. In fact, it was probably far from it. Showing the entire school my fear will probably expose me as an 'extinct' species. Fantastic.

But seeing her relaxed with that huge amount of stress off her shoulders is worth it.

I was sitting on my sleeping bag just after waking up. Amity was supposed to be here around 12 to eat lunch and then help me train. She also said her siblings will probably tag along, which I didn't mind. I looked over at my alarm clock.

7:27 AM

I really should let myself sleep in. But I've never been able to. I got up off my 'bed' and headed towards the kitchen, where Eda was arguing about something with King.

"Both Luz and I will be at Grom, so you have to stay here!" Eda yelled while cooking eggs.

"I get that, but why is Hooty in charge?!" King screamed, flailing his arms around. He jumped onto the counter next to the stove, so that he was at eye level with Eda.

"That's just the way it is, and get off the counter you furball," Eda said, pushing the tiny demon off of the kitchen counter. King just squealed in rage before running off into the living room.

"What was that about?" I asked her, sitting down at the table. Eda finished her eggs and handed me one while eating the other.

"King wanted to go out while we are gone. I said no, and that Hooty will be in charge. He got angry," Eda said while eating, occasionally laughing between bites. I laughed a little myself before eating my food.

We ate in silence until I finished. I got up and put the plate in the sink before turning to face Eda.

"I need a suit," I told her with a smile. She choked on the apple blood she was drinking and faced me.

"What made up your mind?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. I said nothing and removed my shirt, revealing my sports bra and an ugly scar. "Ahhhh, that would do it. Alright, go into the spare rooms to look for one." She shooed me away.

I put my shirt back on and walked over to the hallway. I turned right into the first room. It was filled with nothing but toys and other household items Eda declared as toys, so I left the room. I opened the next door and saw a sign that said 'human magic?' I chuckled before walking in. This room had a bunch of electronics and a few dangerous cleaning supplies. I laughed and left the room, turning to the last one in the hall. As I opened it, I was met with a truck load of clothes. Most of them were ripped, given that Eda collects it from the trash, but if you looked hard enough there was some good clothes.

I began to grab fancier outfits to try on. One was a white dress shirt with ruffles at the wrists. Another was suit pants with a blue tint. I threw them outside of the room before continuing my search.

"There's gotta be a suit jacket or something..." I mumbled as I searched through piles of clothes. I grabbed a gold cummerbund and a purple vest, throwing them with the rest of my clothes. I also found a pair of black suit pants with golden trims.

20 minutes of searching later, I found a black suit jacket along with a purple bow tie. I placed everything I collected in a pile and began to decide what to wear.