Imagination 12: Coimbatore Calling

Dear Friends,

This must be my one millionth apology. Yours truly went for her second Pfizer jab yesterday and was bedridden for most part of the day. Work was a killer as well this week; hence the very late update. I hope you enjoy this chapter, and I will try to provide more frequent updates this week.

❤️
Berry
_____

Sivaangi brought his face up to see her, and then she asked, "Ashwinney, nambe rendu perum ennode oorukku polaama? Athaan Coimbatore...polaamaa?"

"Huh? Nambe rendu peruma? Deivame, athellam vendaam, Sivaangi maa. Nethaikku nadanthathey innum ennode system-eh vittu pogaley athukkulle nee onnaa Coimbatore polaamannu kaetkuriyaa? Unnoda rowdy thanatthukku alavey illaiyaa?"

"Haha, appadi kedaiyaathu. Pugazh annaa shop openingkkaage Coimbatore poraaru. Ennaiyum Vishaalaiyum avarkoode kootittu porathaa enkitte sollittu irunthaaru. Hmm, naalaikku morning vandile poittu Friday morning vara maathiri plan. Ennakku poganumnnu aasaiyaathaan irunthuchi aanaa namakkulle iruntha problem-eh seri seiyaama eppadi porathunnu orey confusion. Ippothaan ellaam seriaayittu le."

Looking at his watch, Ashwin said, "Actually naan ennode flight-eh miss pannittu inge vandhirukken theriyumaa?"

"Theriyumeh! And I am thrilled you missed it," said Sivaangi grinning like a Cheshire Cat.

"Oh wow, maa...you know what? Right now you remind me of the Annabelle episode...with that smile on your face."

Sivaangi hit him playfully on his upper arm and moved back to sit on the couch.

"Valikuthu, maa. Ouch, ippadiyaa adipaange?"

"Aiyo, sorry sorry...." said Sivaangi apologetically and caressed his arm to soothe the pain she caused.

"It's okay, it's okay. I wanted to go to Coimbatore mainly because I could not bear being here and not talk to you or see you, Sivaangi maa. And I also wanted to visit my family before I go away for the shoot. So tell you what...I'll still proceed with my plan and book a flight for later today. After you are there with Pugazh and Vishal tomorrow, we will plan something...eppadi?"

Sivaangi nodded and clapped her hands excitedly. "That sounds great! But Ashwin...I have not sought my parents' go-ahead for the trip. Pugazh anna will talk to them after I tell him that I am coming. Avange onnum solla maataangannu nenaikkuren."

"Hmm, are you sure they will let you go, maa?"

"I am pretty confident, Ashwinney. Kadavul setting mela ennakku mulusa nambikkai irukku! But don't let this deter your trip, okay? I understand that you want to spend time with your family, so just go ahead. If I make it, that's just a bonus...a bonus for me really...to see you on your home turf and spend time with you," said Sivaangi, tilting her head and giving him a soft, melting smile through her lips and eyes.

Gifting her with the same tender smile that spread to his pink-tinted cheeks, Ashwin said, "I hope you come, maa. Hmm, shall we see the flight timings?"

With the pandemic affecting domestic flights, Ashwin booked the only other flight available at 5pm that day. Just as he was done with the booking, Mrs Krishnan came out of her room. Ashwin looked at the time on his phone and realised forty-five minutes had passed at her house. He had forgotten entirely about Santhanam, who was waiting for him. Ashwin got up and handed the empty glass to Mrs Krishnan and thanked her profusely. "Thanks so much, Ma'am."

"Pesiteengala, Ashwin? Ellaam solve ah? Solve aayiduchunnu sollunge illenna ennaale inthe Sivaangiyode thollaiye thaangamudiyaathu," teased Mrs Krishnan.

Ashwin laughed while Sivaangi sneered at her mother. Hmmmph! Ennai damage pannalenaa nambe ammakku thookamey varaathey. Aanaalum parvaale, nambe amma thaane. Anthe deivam senja helpukku adutha oru varushathukku avange yennai kanna pinaannu kalaaikkalaam.