Day 2) Coffee Shop

A/N: Here is a really short story on these two going on a coffee shop breakfast date. Takes place in a modern AU where they are already a couple that is always rivalling one another.

And again, I'm not confident but hopefully the next chapter will be longer and better

-----

Lumine stretched out her arm as she sat on her chair by the table.

She let out a yawn, then another yawn.

"Looks like someone is having fun yawning!" Childe joked.

It was the early morning, the two were in the middle of reading menus to decide what they should have for breakfast while sitting at a table outside the coffee shop they were having their morning breakfast date at.

She had ordered a little side of hashbrowns and a cup of coffee already but she wasn't necessarily finished ordering.

Lumine groaned at Childe's comment about her yawning at the opposite end of the table to where he was since that was where she was sitting. "Don't say that, you'll make me yaw-"

Lumine interrupted herself again with her own yawn.

"See what you did?" Lumine playfully poked Childe's shoulder, clearly trying to not laugh (and yaw again).

Childe couldn't help but laugh at his girl friend's irritated face from being teased about the yawn.

"What time did you go to sleep, girlie?"

"I went to sleep early last night like I always do!" Lumine grumbled with her arms crossed like some kind of tiger.

"If you say so."

Lumine rolled her eyes.

"So girlie, would you like to have a competition on who can finish the waffles quicker for breakfast?" Childe put down his menu to look at her.

"Baaaad idea just waiting to happen. We'll both get sick and you know it." Lumine rested her cheek on her hand and raised her eyebrows at Childe's immature suggestion.

"Is that the reason? Or are you just scared you'll lose?" Childe had a competitive look on his face all of a sudden.

"That's not going to work considering what you choose for this so-called competition is based on this time. Don't let our rivalry take over our breakfast this time and let it take over the fencing sparr session later today." Lumine sat back.

Childe's eyes lit up a bit at the mention of sparring. "Well...I won't deny that I am looking forward to that sparr session, and defeating you."

"Don't act so high and mighty about yourself Childe, especially since you know I will win against you again." Lumine grinned.

Before Childe could even answer, one of the coffee shop waitresses' went over to the couples' table.

They placed down the dish of hash browns and cup of coffee in front of Lumine, on the table.

Lumine looked excited to eat the hash browns.

"Are you two ready to order?" The waitress asked.

Lumine and Childe exchange looks and nod.

Once they were finished in ordering, Lumine was a bit surprised at him ordering something she wouldn't expect him to enjoy that much.

"Ordering pancakes? Protein drinks? I didn't know you enjoyed those for breakfast." Lumine spoke.

"Welll~ I've never been a picky eater and pancakes is no exception. Is it that surprising?" Childe asked.

After she finished eating her hashbrowns, she finally responds to Childe's question. "Not exactly, just unexpected. No judgement though. I can guess that you're way too excited about the sparring session, aren't you?"

"Haha, you caught me." Childe smiled.