04| First Day

Song suggestion: American’s Sweetheart by LILHUDDY
Chapter 04- First Day

We made one hell of an eye contact before. And I feel like we both wouldn’t have looked away if his friends did not interrupted.

With that eye contact replaying in my head, I walked out.
.

I was walking through the street, to noah’s  and chase’s house. I couldn’t focus because of the argument I had at my home a while ago.

The reason I don’t like being in my own house. My family doesn’t give a crap about me.

Author’s POV (30 minutes ago)

“I’m home!” hope said coming in.

*no response*

This is not the first time her mother didn’t acknowledged her presence . Hope is used to it now, it has always been like this.

Hope went up the stairs, in her room. Laying on her stomach, she scrolled through her instagram. After a few minutes, she changed into some more comfortable clothes. She wore a short white jumpsuit which ended mid thigh. Washed off her makeup and kept her waist length brown hair open. She wore her plain white vans and was ready to tutor noah.

“Mum, mr. james asked me to help a freshman in English. So I’ll tutor him.” Hope said to her mom while she was preparing for dinner.

“Why there’s any need to tutor anyone? Don’t you get your monthly allowance. We give you enough money to spend hope!” Kate (hope’s mother) said while cutting some veggies.

“Its not about money mum. Its not about the allowance you give to me. Its about a boy who’s facing some problems in English. I’m just helping him.” Hope said defending herself.
She knew without any argument, her mother won’t let her get out of house.

Hope looked at her mother, hands on her hips and waiting for her to say anything. Kate looked less interested after she questioned hope about tutoring.

“English is just a stupid subject. But anyways..” her mother sighed and continued.

“Do whatever you want.” She sternly said.

“Why do you always have to be like this to me mum?” hope asked.

“Be like what hope? I’m not in the mood to have a conversation with you right now.” Kate said irritated.

Hope shook her head.
“Yeah right, you never even bother asking me about how my day went.” Hurt laced in hope’s voice.

“Just go hope, stop acting like this all the time. No one’s stopping you. Actually how can we? It’s your life and your decisions.” Kate said while placing glasses back in the cupboards.

Hope didn’t thought of her mother to react like this just because she’s tutoring someone. She has experienced even more worse behaviour by her mum. Hope did not bother saying anything now, she preffered not to spoil her mood more. With that she headed out. A scowl still covering her face.

Hope’s POV

I was almost there. Almost near noah’s house, actually chase’s house. My heart started beating rapidly. So loud that I could hear it. My breath hitched and my throat got dry.

Why do I have to be so obvious with it all the time? I’ve to stop doing this now, I shouldn’t lose control over myself everytime I know I’ll be with him.
Lets hope he’s not at home. I don’t want him to look at me, I don’t want to look at him. Cause I know we both won’t look away then.

Thinking of chase never gets me stop, I was now on his doorsteps.
I gently knocked the blue wooden door. His house looks big, it’s pretty evident that his family is rich.
Its been 2 minutes, no one has opened the door.

I knocked again. Still no response.

Should I go back? I turned around.

*Door opens*

I heard the sound of a door opening. And the air around me filled with smell of a cologne.

No its not chase. Chase smells different.

“Hope?” noah’s voice.
I turned back. “Hey noah” I said sweetly.

Noah looks a lot alike chase. Hair like chase and his nose. He’s got green eyes and a bit shorter than chase.

“Hey! come in.” noah said smilingly, opening door for hope.

His house smelled like freshly bought flowers and essence of cologne. His house looked so clean and good. Everything was perfect. So perfect.

“I can’t thank you enough hope. You tutoring me means a lot.” Noah being grateful to hope.

“Your welcome noah. And please stop thanking me again and again.” Hope said giving him a warm smile.

“Yeah Yeah, so should we start?”
“Yes offcourse.”

After 1 hour

We’ve been studying for an hour now. Noah is a good guy as much I got to know him. He’s not like his brother. He does not speak much and plays baseball. I got to know that noah is his dad’s favourite and chase is mom’s favourite. That’s good. I’m nobody’s favourite.

“Do you want to eat something?” noah asked.
“Nah I’m good.”

“Well I’m kinda hungry.”

“Its fine, go grab something to eat.” Hope smiled.
“I’ll be back in 5.”

I sat there in silence. Chase hasn’t showed up yet and I’m glad.

Soon air around me filled with his cologne. He smells like after shower and mint essence. I know he’s here. I won’t look at him and will ignore him.
He might not acknowledge my presence and go away with it.

“Hey winters.” Chase’s voice filled the room.

No! shit! Why? And what’s with this new name?

My heart started pounding. So loud that chase could hear it. He might think I’m dumb.

“H..h..hey chase.” I couldn’t help but stutter.

Chase giggled.

How can someone be so perfect? How can chase be so perfect. Everything he does is just so perfect. I couldn’t stop but smile.

He smiled too.

Butterflies filled my tummy. Stop it chase.

A/N: hey again! What do you think about kate? And this little encounter betwwen hopexchase. Comment down. And don’t forget to vote.

See ya soon. Thankyou for reading.
Stay safe.

-AVANI<3