Prologue

Born in Kew Gardens and raised in Sunny-side, New York, Airen Delphine was and still is being raised by her single mother Teresa Wright and her uncle Dr. Charles "Charlie" Monroe, whose Teresa brother. After Teresa had Airen, she had to take up double shift at the flower shop she works at, moved back in with her mother (Miras) house in Kew Garden, since she got evicted. In the meantime, Teresa's brother help raise Airen since she's working full time and her biological father ran out on her. Four years later, Uncle Charlie fathered a child out of wedlock. Originally Charlie wanted the child to be aborted, but his girlfriend insisted to keep the child. He felt bad for dumping her before she gave birth, but later on the months, things turned around and agreed to keep the child and raise it together. However, their relationship didn't last because his girlfriend, unfortunately, abandoned Charlie's and their son, Tyler 2 years later. Leaving Tyler at Mira's place, avoiding all responsibilities. Since then, he's been thinking of giving it up for adoption, since he couldn't rely on his poor old widowed mother to help babysit two kids. It was until Charlie witnessed a six year old Airen babysitting the two year old and advancing at it with the help of granny Mira. With all of these responsibilities of taking care of a child and immense pressure cooking up, both Teresa and Charlie worked full time at their respectable jobs, while Mira helped raise Airen and Tyler. While babysitting, granny Mira taught Airen Hebrew since her family is Jewish. Granny Mira took her to swimming lessons, without Airens mother's consent. In addition, Airen picked up an interest in science thanks to her uncle being a doctor and genetic engineering scientist. Airen even helped looking out for her cousin, since the both of them are 4 years apart. Because of her fortunate situation, Airen did the majority of babysitting, having to mature and grow up fast since Granny Miras health is taking a toll. Slowly but surely both Mira has gotten sick and had to be omitted in the hospital after having breathing failure, soon enough falling under a coma a month later. Since their health insurance wasn't renewed, and didn't have enough money for a lung operation, they had to make the unfortunate decision to pull the plug, wanting their mother to die peacefully in her sleep. Saddening both Teresa's and Charlie, but angering 6.5 year old Airen, since Tyler was 2.5 years old and doesn't have any memories of his granny. Because of the high medical bills and the loss of their mother, both siblings help sell the house, sell their parents belongings, evacuated the premises and move back into Sunnyside. Now living in a three bedroom apartment, in one room both Airen and her mother sleeping, and the other both Charlie and Tyler, sleep in it and then the other is a Study room. After moving out of Kew Gardens, since the commute is too far and there isn't someone to look out for the kids. Now having enough money saved up, they're able to live a comfortable life. Both Airen and Tyler never questioned their other biological parents whereabouts since there's no need to and uncle Charlie fills in the father role Airen needs and the same goes for Tyler. Because of the loss of Granny Mira, Airen couldn't get over her death since she was closer to her compared to the rest of the family, her mother put her back in swimming lessons, at the YMCA, as a gift and in memory of Granny Mira, since she is the one to pressure Teresa to put her in it. At the age of 12, Airen took up kick boxing and martial arts at a nearby gym since the YMCA closed down. Thankfully, Airen picked up swimming and joined the swim team at Towns high school where she attends. Due to her immense history and intermediate level in swimming, she was made team captain and help made the team win multiple tournaments against other swim teams from other school. By Sophomore year, she was lucky enough to get an internship, though it's non paid, she was still expanding her learning and athleticism. The YMCA agreed to start paying for her internship in the middle of  her sophomore year, and by the following year, she got a teaching job for training young children kick boxing, mix material arts and self defense. Since High school is about to end, college is just around the corner. Airen has yet to decide where she wants to go, it all depends on what her future holds.