Chapter Twenty Six

Serena's P.O.V.

"Oh my god! Serena, check this out!" T.J. squealed, running up to me as she held up a pink vintage Nirvana t-shirt in front of my face. "Wow, it looks nice! But, do you know any songs by Nirvana?" I asked when she pulled it away from me. She looked at me with a perplexed look, and I could tell that she didn't. "No," She admitted. "You can get it if you want, but maybe you should give their music a listen to in case your fans question you about their music," I advised. She nodded and rushed over to another section of the Hot Topic.

We were right next to a small shopping center that had your regular clothing stores. And then other stores were more geared towards the teen's genre. I moved a few hangers of clothing to the other side of the clothing rack, looking for something that I knew Aidan would like. Since he couldn't be with me on tour, I at least wanted to get him something as a souvenir. The vintage shirts looked nice, but they weren't Aidan's style.

As I looked through the jackets, my eyes fell upon a long-sleeved brown jacket that looked almost like leather. Back in LA, Aidan had a secret obsession with jackets. I understood, considering how cold it would get inside of the studio. Off the top of my head, I didn't think he had this jacket in his possession yet, so I decided to get it for him.

"You know, you were right about listening to Nirvana's music! I just finished listening to Smells Like Teen Spirit. It's so good!" T.J squealed as we walked down the sidewalk towards the music hall. "That Kurt Cobain guy is cute too! Does Aidan like Nirvana?" She continued to ramble. "He's more of a My Chemical Romance kind of guy, but I'm sure he would give Nirvana a try if given the chance," I answered.

We opened the back door of the hall, immediately arriving in the backstage area where some of the crew had arrived earlier than planned. "Excuse me," One crew member said as he walked past, carrying one of the speakers to the other side of the stage. It looked like they had gotten most of the setup done while me and T.J were out, so it didn't take too much of a wait before we did the sound and mic checks. 

The rehearsal went on just as it had the last few times, and by the time I was practicing a song cover at the piano, the slight awkwardness I was feeling slipped away from me, and I felt ready to perform the show of the century.

*******

Aidan's P.O.V.

"I think we should stay, give this alternate universe a chance," Emmy said, wrapping an arm around Tom as we were rolling on a new scene for Season 3. "Guys, you don't understand. This universe wasn't supposed to happen! We screwed this up just like we did in Dallas, and we have to fix it again!" I let out a frustrated sigh. "Lighten up, old man, this place is awesome, and there are more people like us out here, so we're not the only ones," Robert spoke up as he pretended to take a sip from a glass of whiskey.

"You all are useless! You don't listen to anything I have to say! Maybe I should've stayed in the apocalypse. I was better off on my own without you guys screwing everything up!" I walked out of the living room of the Sparrow Academy, hearing the director yell the words, "CUT!" A bell rang, meaning we could come out of character. "Alright, everyone, great job! I think a few more takes will do the trick!" Steve called out to the cast. Out of all the scenes we had been given, this one was one of my favorites, besides a pretty sweet fight scene between Five and Lila.

After a few more takes, we were allowed to go on break, and I headed back to the trailer to see if I got any messages. I grabbed my phone from the counter, seeing a few from Mom, Serena, and the Detective.

Detective Mike

Mike: Hi Aidan, this is Detective Mike. I wanted to inform you that a colleague and I went to the homes of Cameron Brodeur and Eden Cupid to ask them to come in for questioning. But they weren't home at the time. We'll try and stop by again later, but for now, keep an eye out.

Aidan: Alright, Thank you for the follow-up. I will keep an eye out. Thank you again for your assistance in this matter.

I should've known that Cameron and Eden would try and dodge the police after I addressed the matter. They're a bunch of cowards. I replied to the message my mom sent me, asking me if I wanted her to order takeout and eat when Serena got back. I responded positively, knowing that she was going to starving afterward. Then I responded to Serena, smiling at how happy she sounded in her texts.

Serena

Serena: Hey, Spoop. About to go on stage and perform soon! Only a couple more hours until we see each other again!

Aidan: Yay! I can't wait till then! I love you so much. Good luck out there! 💖😚

Serena: Thanks, you're the best! 😘💖