7

How would you define happiness?

"I feel like happiness is something that we all try to achieve, and only a small number truly do feel happy. Happiness is when you can see the positive in everything and not let anything bring you down. When you can't help but looking forward to the next day. When you know that you wouldn't change a single thing about your life at all past and present".

Are you happy?

"I wouldn't say I am".

What do you think is holding you back from being happy?

"Everything I have done so far in my life has been a result of caution because I care too much. No matter how much I try, I just can't help it. I somehow fall into a routine of sleepless nights wondering, if I could change the past, what would I do different.
I think it's also because I don't know how to put myself first. I'm the person that always offers to listen. I help people deal with their problems and give them advice.

I was once asked, 'if you're the person that everyone goes to, who do you go to?' And it was then that I realized, the answer was no one.

Why is it that I can't put my happiness above others? I've come to realize that it was because of guilt. I don't have any reason as to why I wouldn't be happy and yet I'm not."

What do you think you need to change before you can be truly happy?

"I have to stop worrying about what others think of me. I also need to realize that I'm human and sometimes, it's okay not to be strong".