Chosen

Every part of me screamed to join the colored sticks before they left, but I couldnt. I dont know how I can trust anyone after what happened with Dark. Looking up, all I could do was stare at them. I wish I could have a friendship like them. I thought I had it with Dark. He promised he would never leave me. I trusted him. I believed him. I needed him. Broken promises hurt. Hurts more than anything I have ever felt before, and I was a slave for four years.

I stood there, stunned for hours. I wish I could understand why Dark would do this to me. He was my rock for so many years. He was the one to hold me after I had nightmares. He was the one to help me gain control over my powers. He was the one to dry my tears and cheer me up with random facts. He was my frustrating and annoying friend that I could not imagine living without. I thought he cared about me the same way I cared about him.

As the sun set, I finally moved. I could not bear to use my powers. They would just remind me of Dark. Climbing up the cliff, I felt my hands raw from my fight cut from the sharp rocks. I ignored the shots of pain. They were nothing compared to the pain I felt inside. I could feel every muscle burn. I felt so exhausted. Pushing through, I continued the climb. I just need to focus on one thing at a time. Reach up. Grab edge. Pull myself up. Reach up. Grab edge. Pull myself up. Reach up. Grab edge. Pull myself up. Reaching up, I felt grass. Taking a deep breath, I pull myself up and onto the grass.

Laying on the grass on the edge of the cliff, I didnt know what to do next. Live without Dark? Never thought I would ever have to do that. I never even considered that as a possibility before today. Part of me wishes I could go back to the PC. Go back to just being a overpowered ad-blocker. Things were hard, but easy to understand. I dont even know where I stand with him anymore. Noogai. Alan. My animator. At one point, I hated him. But as I spent time with Dark, the pain of the past dulled till I could hardly feel it most days. Oh how I wish those days never ended.

Pushing myself off the ground, I knew nothing would ever be the same. Should I go back to Alan? Try and find new friends? Forget Dark? Taking a small step forward, I wish to just disappear. I could almost collapse. Could I have prevented all this? Was I just not a good enough friend? Looks like it. Or maybe I was just another tool for him. Thats all it seems I am to anyone. Just a tool. No one cares about me, not really.

As I approached the house, I felt tricked. Dark and I built a life here, or at least I did. This was just all just a ploy. I thought Dark agreed with me about settling down. That we weren't just made to destroy. That was all just a lie. If I could, I would have burned the house down. Break it like Dark broke me

Curling up on the couch, I waited. I dont know what Im waiting for. But Ill wait. For someone to care? I dont know. Falling asleep, I dreamed of a life where Dark never betrayed me.