The Awakened Sun

~{Author's Pre-Notes}~

Okay, first things first, this is mainly a message for those who read my other fics and are still waiting for those to be updated.

So yes, the very next fic I chose is going to be on the single game, OMORI! I'm sure that none of you expect that, and I'm also sure that half of you don't even know what game this fic even came from, so I'm just gonna say it here.

Before reading this fic, or even continuing with these notes, play Omori, watch someone play it, or acquaint yourself with it (unless you're sensitive to depressing things, suicidal themes, nightmare fuel, etc) But trust me, it's an AMAZING game I fell in love with it and its characters. After experiencing it, I just had a moment where I felt that I HAD to make a fic from it, because that's how much I loved that game, even if it had me crying.

But moving on, I'm gonna say this now, NO I'm not gonna be balancing to write out this fic while trying to work on the retyped chapters of my other fic. I know I said before that I'd only post/write my new fic once I finished with retypes, but this chapter was something I've had written and has been stored up for MONTHS now. So I just decided to post it right now because of three reasons:

1) It was simply collecting dust being stored on my computer.

2) To test people's reactions and see if they would really love to see this continue after I'm done finishing the retypes of my other fic.

3) It's Sunny's birthday at the time I post this, so I thought it'd be a perfect gift for the boy. (July 20)

So yeah, I'm still only gonna be working on retypes of my other fic, and will only continue this fic until AFTER that's all done, which will probably be in another few months, to be honest. And it isn't like I really set aside too much of my time to write this (besides some edits), because this was made when I had one of 'those' moments as a writer, where you just get inspired and write a storm in such a short time.

And now for those of you who are reading this fic as the first you read from me, welcome! Don't count on this being updated for a while, but I do plan to continue this once I finish working on retyping chapters of one of my other fics. Just know that I really am a big fan of Omori, and I can't wait to continue on this fic in the future.

This fic is meant to be half angsty but also half wholesome (pretty much like the game) and I hope that it really balances out. But anyway, I hope all of you enjoy this first chapter for something I'll really be wishing to get back to!

I hope this chapter helps set up everything going to come! Leave a comment if you liked it!

Oh, and Happy Birthday Sunny! This is for you, precious boy!

The title image is from snarkyshark14 on DeviantArt. His art is cute.

https://www.deviantart.com/snarkyshark14/art/Omori-Sunny-870859835

______________________________________

'Don't worry...'

A white outline of a blurry boy is seated on a chair in a world of darkness.

'Everything is going to be okay...'

In front of him is another indistinguishable outlined boy tucked in a bed, with no movement from him whatsoever.