4| SPARKS

Samantha's POV

Samantha's POV

William.

His name was William. He was the guy I'd bumped into and that resulted in my laptop breaking. I'd been so mad at him and I was sure that after this, I'd never have to see him again, but for the life of me, his name made my heart skip a beat.

As I went over the events of the last ten minutes, all I could think about was how good he smelt and how handsome he looked. All I could remember was how his voice made me all warm and fuzzy inside. I remembered how my hand came alive with tingly sparks all over when he touched my hand.

In that moment, the rational side of me came to the conclusion that I was officially crazy. Yes, that had to be it. Not only had I agreed to go to lunch with a complete stranger, I had also allowed him to buy me a laptop. Like was he my boyfriend, now? It's outrageous, right?

I tried to talk myself out of going as I was walking towards my dorm, but then I finally decided that I had to. Not only because I'd set up the time and place, but because I felt that I had to apologise. He'd been nothing but nice and willing to right the situation that I was in, whereas all I did was yell at him and give him a hard time when technically I was also to blame.

So I walked into my dorm room with the firm decision that I would go and meet William at Meg's Diner and I'd get ready before I talked myself out of it. As much as I knew that I had to apologise, I was afraid he'd still think I was crazy and I didn't want him to think I was crazy.

I walked in to see the familiar sight of my best friend caught up in the middle of a heated make out session with her boyfriend. Back when I first started living here, it used to annoy me how these two would act as if they couldn't keep their hands off each other, but now, years later, I've come to the realisation that they really can't.

Sandy and Fin started dating a few years after sophomore year when Sandy finally admitted how she felt about him. Since then they've been inseparable and are even engaged to get married after they graduate. I'm not really sure where I stand on true love but these two really have me setting my standards high in what I'd want my relationship with my future partner to be like.

It was when I set my things on the bed that they finally acknowledged my presence.

"Sam!" Sandy said, trying to act natural, as if I hadn't witnessed them about to go to second base, "Hey."

"Hi you guys," I said with a sigh.

"What's wrong?" Fin asked, noticing that I was off.

I shook my head, not wanting to bother them with my problems as I said, "Nothing. It's just been a bad week for me."

"Well, it's not yet over," he said, as optimistic as ever, a bright smile on his face.

Oh, bless him. Fin was such an angel. And his dimpled cheeks made him so much more innocent.