just a friend

eren jaeger x reader

the vacation house was silent, leading you to assume everyone was asleep. you opened your door, wincing at the slight creak. the flashlight on your phone helped to lead you down the dark staircase. you walked into the kitchen, the room dark beside the moonlight shining in through the windows and sliding glass back doors. you grabbed a soda from the fridge, walking towards the back door and opening it.

you could make out eren's figure sitting in one of the lounging chairs, the slight flare from his cigarette making him easily distinguishable. you opened your soda, eren's head turning at the sound. he noticed it was you, taking another puff from his cigarette before smiling at you and turning back around.

your friend group had taken a vacation to jamaica, renting out a water bungalow. the clear sea water shone with the reflection of the moon, the image making you fall into slight awe. it overlooked the ocean for seemingly miles, other bungalows in the distance.

you walked past eren, looking back at him with a soft smile. you sat down at the edge of the raised porch, your legs hanging off, your feet hovering over the water. you set your soda down, sitting back on your arms. "rough night?" you joked, the soft waves of the water brushing against the beams supporting the bungalow

you heard eren chuckle from behind you, muttering as he held the cigarette in between his lips, "you could say that." you looked back at him, eren already looking at you. he pulled the cigarette from his lips, holding it out to you, to which you shook your head left and right.

"i prefer more medicinal herbs," you sighed jokingly, eren smiling down at you. "to each their own," he mumbled with the cigarette in between his lips, looking back out to the water. you laid your back down on the hard wood of the porch, looking up at the stars. "god that's what i need right now, some weed," you declared, sitting back up.

"i'll be back," you said, standing up and grabbing your soda from the wooden floor of the raised porch, and walking towards the back door. "i'll come with you," eren offered, rushing to catch up with you. you pouted mockingly, "think i can't handle myself?" you walked into the kitchen with eren, setting your soda down on the island.

"now i didn't say all that," eren joked, smirking at you, "maybe i'm just interested in partaking in some of those medicinal herbs."

he grabbed the keys for the rental car from the petri dish sitting on the island, turning back to you with a grin as he walked towards the front door.

"you coming?"

eren hit the unlock button on the keys, a beep sounding out throughout the dead of the night. he jogged over to your side of the car, opening your door for you, a pretty blush flushing his face. eren sat in the driver's seat turning to you with a smile as he turned the ignition.

his bluetooth had already been connected because of the drive from the airport 4 days ago, pain by pink pantheress playing through the speakers, causing you to laugh softly.

"huh?" he was grinning at you, his arms flexing as he reached for his seatbelt. "what's so funny, y/n?" he pushed further, causing you to laugh even more. "just didn't know this was the vibe for tonight," you teased, motioning towards the stereo.

"this is always the vibe," he played along, smiling. eren's hand made its way onto the headrest of your seat as he turned his head to look out the back window of the car. though you could feel your cheeks heating up at his proximity, you looked over at him. his hand was loose around the steering wheel as he maneuvered the car, backing out of the entrance of the water bungalow settlement.