part 2

"we might as well just go to the battles straight away." after I heard cherry, i felt butterflies form in my stomach. "are you nervous y/n? im not gonna lie, he can be a pain but he will warm up to you! just don't ask him about his trauma." i nodded quickly as i fiddled with my fingers. "cher can you please drive?" i asked, as i sat in the back seat next to keith. she turned on some quiet music and started going on about what happens at the battles. i understood what happens, and we finally arrived. it looked like an abandoned subway, but it had a tiny old shop. we were early, but soon enough crowds started to flood in. "he's coming! once he gets here, I'll let you both have time to talk!" i didn't bother looking up, I kept fiddling with my fingers. Keith and cherry already had walked away, and I eventually looked up. oh my lord. it was him. after all these years; he finally came back. "pico?" i asked. my voice was shaky, I felt like crying. he gave me a weak smile as tears ran down his face. we were only a few inches apart, as i ran into his arms. I sobbed and I sobbed. i felt him stroke my hair, as his cold tears ran down his cheeks. "you promised. we would see each other again." i said to him in a shaky voice, clenching his shirt as the realisation hit me hard and I cried even more. "i don't break my promises, y/n." he breaks the silence. i look up at him, smiling. he wiped the tears of my face. "wanna see what I have?" i asked, sniffing. my face was red and my eyes were puffy. i pulled out the card he made me after the school shooting. he looked at it, smiling as tears were streaming down his face. his face turned into a cold, worried expression. "what's wrong?" i asked. "the school, the school shooting." he replied to me, looking at the card. "y/n!! Why were you two crying? that's odd." cherry says. as explained everything, she gave me a hug. "i hope you're okay, feel free to spend as much time with him as you want. after talking and hugging for a bit, pico looked up to the stage. "its my turn to battle. i think you might know this one." he smiled at me. i mouthed him a good luck as i sat on the speakers next to cherry. he sang. i tried not to cry again. the song we made when we were at school. i beamed and stared at him. he was the best person ever. his voice had improved, and when he finished I jumped down to give him a hug. "how about we battle?" i asked him. "sure, but I'll win." he smirked. "good luck, y/n!" i heard cherry and Keith shout. the music started, and I let him start off.
picos pov
i started the song, as i stared into her eyes. she was still stunning. it was her turn to sing, and I could tell she kept training. it was amazing, it was a soft, yet hardcore tone, her voice swiftly singing all the words. I tried not to lose my focus. this was my lucky day.
yns pov
the song ended, and I won. "you still have areas of improvement, but I'm proud of you." 'Proud of you.' i thought of those words. whenever I accomplished something, those were the three words he said. i wanted to stay with him. For the rest of my life. ive loved him so much. he's the only one that understands my trauma. he was the one that got me through this. i would've been dead, but he keeps me going. "hey pico.." i started. "is it okay if I stay at yours?" i asked he replied without hesitation. "yes. its not the best though, kinda hard to get a good job." i didn't care. "cherry, I'm staying at picos. and we're leaving. now." i smiled as i waved her goodbye. we catched up, as we stopped in an alleyway. "hello, my dear children." we heard a deep voice say. "come on, y/n." pico said, grabbing my arm and tugging me towards him. i reached out for his hand. "remember, how we used to hold hands?" i said. he looked down and smiled. "we're here. later on, when it's midnight we can go out for a walk. i usually go visit our school." he says, opening the door to his apartment. once I walked in, I felt the heat of the radiator hit my face. it wasn't the neatest, but it had a nice smell of vanilla. "i can sleep on the couch." he said firmly. i didn't want him to. "i don't really want you to. im not going to get offended about where I sleep, so I really think you deserve the room. don't be fussed about me, I'll be fine." "if you insist." he replied, as he got a bowl of chips and sat down on the couch to turn on a movie. "are you not tired?" i asked "i need some sleep. my sleep schedule is fucked up." he nodded and smiled. he got up, and put down the chips. "If you're hungry, don't worry about waking me up, k?" he said. he gave me one last hug as he ruffled my hair. "night, y/n." and with that he left me. I turned off the tiny lamp, and went to sleep.
.
.
-time skip-
i woke up to a sound of a notification. I rubbed my eyes as i frowned. it was my mom, so I decided to leave it. the time was 1.10am, and that's when I remembered the late night walk. I quietly got off the couch, as I carefully opened his bedroom door. there was a long creak, and I walked over to him. "pico" I whispered as I lightly nudged him. "hm?" he whispered. he as half asleep, so I jumped onto him. "WAKE UP!" i yelled. "WHAT" He yelled back, getting up fast. "what about the midnight walk?" I asked. "I haven't really been to our school since the incident." "well get off me and we can go." i just put on one of picos hoodies and tied my laces. "hurry up." I yelled. he came into the room, as he grabbed the keys and unlocked the door.