« 𝕻𝖆𝖎𝖓 »

ℌ𝔞𝔫 𝔜𝔲𝔪𝔢

Its currently lunch time and I decided to spend mine on the school's rooftop. Owen is too busy playing around with Shelly and Jay.

Owen and I are just simply friends, he made it clear from the start and I didn't want to make a fool of myself but love isn't that easy to forget and I can't just delete my feelings that easily. It's been 7 years since I first met the guy and it's been 7 years since I started liking him.

Seeing his calm demeanor as he gazes at the city, his child-like face that seems to be so mature, the way his attitude changes whenever he's with shelly, with her, he's always so cheerful and happy but with others, including me, he always seem so far.

Flashback

My father, who sponsored a cyclist in a certain competition brought me with him to watch, at the after party, being the only child, or so I thought, I got bored and decided to go to the balcony of the venue to get some fresh air. There I saw a kid gazing at the city below us, I was mesmerized that I kept on staring at him. I wanted to approach him but I was shy and scared.

"What are you looking at?"

"you" I unknowingly answered "n-no I uh-"

"pfft-" he laughed? "I'm sorry, it's just that, you're so cute"

..................

His statement made me blush and I guess that silliness was what made me fall for him, or was it his smile? but what I know is that my feelings only grew as I spend my time with him longer.

"What are you doing here?"

"Owen. What? Done teasing Jay?" I countered

"Hm. You didn't answer my questions" he said as he sat beside me

"You know I hate it when there are to many people, specially in a new environment like this. They'll probably pounce on me and ask questions, I'm not too good at handling that" I explained

Yeah don't like crowded places but that doesn't mean that I can't go to crowded places, I just avoid them as much as possible and it's troublesome.

"Why didn't you call me?" he asked

"You were talking to Shelly"

Shelly and I are not that close but we do talk with each other especially when I see her with Owen. We're not friends, acquaintances maybe? I was on a different school than the two of them and we have our own schedules, the only time that I see Owen is during competitions and trainings, I see Shelly in some of the games with Owen but that's it so I can't say that we're close.

"Are you free later?" he asked again

"No, I'll be going to the hospital again"

"Who's hurt anyways?"

"Yoon Minu, he was one of the members of Humming Bird crew. He saved Jay from a truck, the driver was caught but it was shown that it was just an accident"

"Hmm"

"I know the truth Owen, the intentions to ran Jay over, who was behind those plans, the dealings of one of the coordinators, the doping that will take place. The wind always tells me but I can't just go out and tell them that the wind told me, they'll just laugh at me" I said as I look into Owen's seemingly cold and distant eyes

"You don't need to think about anything, just ignore them. The truth will soon come to light" he said and looked up at the blue sky 

"If only it was that easy" I mumbled with a sigh

..............

It was time to go home and I walk beside Owen as we go out of the school but he was swarmed by girls and I immediately dodged the situation. He got away when he saw Shelly and Jay going together.

Seems like Jay received a call. Remember when I said that the wind whispers to me? They often do and most of their whisper relays messages and voices of those that are around me. The call was something that I didn't want to hear. As I saw Jay ran, probably heading to the hospital, my whole body just dropped to the ground and I can't seem to hear anything.

"M-minu"

I stood up and half ran towards the road to call for a taxi. Owen was probably calling out my name and hopped on the taxi too but I don't care about anything else right now.

"P-please bring me to xxx hospital. Please hurry" I stuttered to the driver

Upon arriving at our destination, I ran out and straight to the Emergency room, there I saw Yuna and Mia, Minu's girlfriend. 

"Yume, h-how?" Yuna was confused

"were you going to hide this to me? You didn't even call me"

"What Minu did, telling you will just bring back bad memories, I didn't want to make you remember them" Yuna explained

"So? were you just gonna hide it from me?! If Minu were to die because of what he did, were you gonna hide it from me?!"

Tears were already streaming down her face, attempting to hide this from me, it means that Minu tried to kill himself and I have bad memories regarding taking ones life for I was also once a victim to it.

"I may have tried to kill myself in the past but Yuna, right now is different, they're not here and I have people protecting me already so I won't be taking my own life anytime soon"

Yes, I also once attempted to take my own life. I was a victim of bullying and this situation drove me to the edge. Constant physical pain, people belittling me and embarrassing me, teachers not caring about anything else but my grades, blackmailing and harassment, and people telling me to just die. People might be asking, why not tell your parents or your brothers? I'm adopted and ever since I knew about it, I do my best to avoid being a burden. Everything just made me want to end all of it at once.

It was Yeojin who saw me in my bathroom floor with a pool of blood, I was in a coma for 6 months and during that time, I heard that Mom and Dad personally went to my school to complain and faced the students who are involved in the bullying. Yukyeom was the one who investigated everything and saw through my phone and school things, the evidences of the act. I was only 14 years old when all of that happened and since then, my brothers have been overprotective of me and assigned bodyguards behind my back.

_________________________

a/n: OMG! I'm so sorry if there are sensitive topics in this chapter. I also appreciate those who have read my stories so far. Truthfully I am not that confident with my writing skills and I have really low self-confidence so I get anxious but thank you so much!! I you guys have some request, a fanfic, a oneshot, or an original stories, just drop it, comment it or message me, I'll be sure to fulfill your wishes with the best of my abilities!!

BTW!! I will be mass releasing chapters next week so I hope you'll stay 'till then <3

Once again, thank you so much!! <3