Chapter 9.

When Diana wakes up the following morning, the first thing she does is check the clock, only to see that she had woken up after just 4 hours of sleep, but she knew that she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep anyways, so she decides to go downstairs.

She'd been informed on how today was the day they were going to attack L'Manberg just a few hours earlier.

The final task, a way for Diana to prove her loyalty to the Dream Team was just a few hours away and she was scared, but she didn't pay much attention to that feeling, rather focusing on doing well today.

After a few hours of training by herself, the others started coming down one by one, some seemed just as nervous as she was, others seemed too confident to the girl's liking.

After another long lecture of Dream, gathering their weapons, as well as their armor and going over the details one more time, they were ready.

The group followed a path into a forest, the forest where Diana got lost, the forest where she first met Dream.

As Diana started to recognise her surroundings, she got a little overwhelmed by the memories of this place.

The members of this nation though, were quickly informed of Dream's appearance, causing all of them to get out of their houses, to face Dream and his friends.

Diana locked everyone else out of her own mind, staring at the familiar house that belonged to Phil, the house where her friends would mot likely come out of.

When the girl saw Tommy, she felt a lump rise in her throat.

She wanted to run up to him and hug him, tell him that everything's going to be alright, that she's sorry for what she had to do, that she was in good hands while she was missing, but she knew that she'd get killed the moment she did.

So, all Diana did was stare at the blonde, watching as Dream decided to focus on Tommy, the male watching his every move as he came closer to the group.

That's when Dream gave Diana a look, it was time for her to make the first move.

"I'm sorry," Diana stated before throwing her knife at Tommy, blade aimed towards his arm.

The girl knew there wouldn't be any fun in killing her opponent already and she had rules to follow, but seeing the glimpse of pride in Dream's eyes just made her hungry for more.

Tommy flinched as the blade of a knife hit him in the arm, before a mad look was sent Dream's way.

"Oh but you don't get to be the mad one here, Tommy, you weren't a good friend to Diana."

Dream looked at Diana, who cringed at the sound of static making it's way to her mind, but the girl quickly recovered of this, not willing to be painted weak.

It didn't take long before the two men were at each other's throats, and when Diana saw Tubbo coming towards her in the corner of her eye, she patiently waits for him to make his first move.

Tubbo pounces on the girl, knocking her onto the cement beneath them and pinning her as he aims a punch directly at her head.

Fuck, going all in isn't he-

Diana gasps, rolling to the side just in time, causing the other's fist to meet the cement instead.

Given the time, Diana springs back onto her feet and quickly moves towards the wall.

The brunette turns to face the girl once again, who adjusts her grip on the blade in her hand, but says nothing.

It would be of no use, after all, so instead, Diana waits for Tubbo to attack once more.