Chapter 1

Hermione’s P.O.V

“The forest? I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there. Students aren't allowed. And there are ...werewolves!” Malfoy exclaimed, frightened.

“There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that.” Filch paused and looked at the forest. “Nighty-night.” By the time he was gone we were all scared of what was about to happen.

“Right. Let’s go.” Hagrid said and you can tell he was really missing Norbert.

The five of us walk down the path into the woods. We walk a little ways and stopped when we came to a large tree where a puddle of silver liquid is on the floor, Hagrid dips his fingers in the liquid and rubs them together.

“Hagrid, what's that?” Harry asked 

“What we're here for. See that? That's unicorn's blood, that is. I found one dead a few weeks ago. Now, this one's been injured badly by something.” Hagrid said, looking around. “So, it's our job to find the poor beast. Draco, Hermione, you'll come with me.” Why? Malfoy hates me.

“Okay.” Malfoy said with a shaky voice.

“And Harry, you'll go with Ron.” Hagrid said, pointing at the two friends.

“Okay. Then we get Fang!” Ron said very sternly. 

“Fine. Just so you know, he's a bloody coward.” Hagrid said as he starts walking.

We started walking deeper into the Malfoy was holding the lamp.

“I’ma go this way you two stay together and yell if you find anything.” Hagrid said as he went around a tree and disappeared. 

“Wait till my father hears about this. This is servant's stuff.” Malfoy spat out as we continued to walk.

“Malfoy, are you scared?” I asked him

“No. I’m not scared Granger.”

I then started hearing all different sounds in the forest and it was starting to scare me. I moved closer to Malfoy and it was as if he could feel my fear.

“Granger, are you scared? Malfoy asked with what sounded like… concern? Why would he be concerned about me? He doesn’t even like me.

“Well I’ve read a lot of books about what are in these woods and when you know very little of it is unexplored you know you have to be cautious.” I said as I looked around the woods. “Would you mind if I take the lamp for a little bit?”

“No Granger take it, my arm is tired.” He tells me as he hands me the lamp and pulls his hood up.

We walked in silence for a while, but it was a bad silence and it seemed like Malfoy wanted to say something but never could find the right words. As I’m walking I tripped over a trunk of a tree and fell on my face.

“Granger are you ok!?” Malfoy said running to me. He helps me get and sits me on the stump of a tree and looks at my face. “Oh Granger you’ve cut your lip open.” He said as he touched my bottom lip with his finger with this look of concern on his face, he brought his finger away from my mouth and showed me that it’s covered in blood. Seeing the blood and thinking how bad it is made me start crying, but I soon felt Malfoy whip away my tears and whisper “A face like that beautiful should never cry” then louder he said “We need to get you to the hospital wing. We need to find Hagrid.” after he said that we heard Ron screaming and went to see what was wrong. As we find him Harry also comes running.

“What the bloody hell happened?” Hagrid asked as he came out from behind a large oak tree.

“I saw a bloody vampire!” Ron screamed.

“There was something drinking the blood of a unicorn.” Harry explained “ Hermione, what happened to your lip?” Harry asked.

“I tripped and cut my lip open.” I said as Hagird looked at my cut.

“Oh.. yeah we have to get you to the hospital wing to get that healed. Come on kids.” Hagrid says leading us toward the castle and all I could think about was why Malfoy was worried and he said about my face being beautiful.

Authors note:
Hope y'all liked it and please vote and comment.

Love, Payton