"Denki is just as bad as Mineta"

TRIGGER WARNING: Sexual harassment, Sexual assault(?), Mineta

I think we all can agree, that sexual harassment and sexual assault are horrible things no one should ever experience which is why a lot of people (especially girls/women) who watch Mha hate or dislike Mineta.

Even though his character is supposed to be comic relief, I think it's really disturbing to choose sexual harassment and/or assault as a comedy factor but since the role of the "over the top pervert" character still a common anime character trope, I'm not really surprised along with the fact that his only other character trait is being incapable of being brave. If he at least would get a huge character development, were he starts to respect women/girls I would be very happy but since this will only happen on that day were someone finally gives Shigaraki some lip balm (so basically never).

A lot of people say Mineta is only hated/disliked because he doesn't have the "pretty privilege" which in some aspect I have to agree. Of course in no way or shape am I trying to justify his actions (it doesn't matter what you look like or who you are, doing something to someone against their will is NOT ok). I've seen some redesign of Mineta were he looks a lot different, where in the comments some people were saying that they "now would mind him doing anything to them" .

Now considering this and the title of the chapter, there are a lot of people saying, that the "pretty privilege" can be applied to our second Pikachu Denki Kaminari, which I strongly have to disagree. YES, he may be a pervert but he is still being respectful! And before some of you are coming at me with "But Luca! You are wrong! He is just as horrible as Mineta" can I remind you of the first day in UA, were Denki was talking to Uraraka and asked her out on a date? Mid conversation Uraraka left, because she saw Izuku and wanted to talk to him. And what did Denki do? He never asked her again because he read the room and understood "she is not interested in me". And yes he is a flirty guy but he knows his boundaries and doesn't flirt more with the girls more than they're comfortable with. He is also close friends with Mina and Jiro and I don't belive they would be friends with him if he was like Mineta. He also doesn't use every opportunity he has to peek on them or grope (#poorTsu) them unlike our 3"6/1,08cm companion.

Where was Denki, when Mineta was trying to peek on the girls while they were changing in the looker room? He was nowhere near Mineta.

Where was Denki, when Mineta was climbing the wall in the hot springs? Also nowhere near Mineta.

Other points where you can clearly see, that Denki is NOT like Mineta, is him talking about the girls. Sure, he does say that they are pretty at least he isn't talking about them like they are objects while needing a bucket from all the saliva that is forming in his mouth.

The only bad thing, that he did was pull the cheerleader uniform prank on the girls with Mineta.

credits go to the following TikTok users who made videos to this topic and helped me to prove some points:

- shinshoes

- _._gilgamesh_._

- colefrances

- danielle.thinks.things

word count: 577

date: 23.07.2021

LucariaLou