39 | we

"Well.."

He took a few steps forward from Emma and turned around.

"I don't have a plan." he said, looking at the ginger's shocked expression. "I never said I did."

Wait, he was right!

He never said so

I was the one who supposed he did

Huh, in the end, I guess he's just as reckless as I am

"Don't worry though, I'll figure it out,'kay? I promise." He extended his pinky finger as kids do when making a promise.

It has always been the both of them, helping each other and supporting each other.

She doesn't see why that has to change.

Emma approached him and intertwined her own pinky finger with his, while with the other hand she signed the word "We".

Ray chuckled and then showcased a soft smile on his face.

"Alright, Carrot-head." He placed his hand on her curly ginger hair and ruffled it a bit. "We will figure it out." With the emphasis he used on the word "we", Emma saw that he had understood the message and was glad for it.

The black-haired boy then looked up to the sky and sighed. It was already night-time and Emma's house was at least one hour away from where they were.

Ray had told Emma to share a dorm with him long ago, when they were still planning what university they would go to, but she had refused for reasons unbeknownst to him. The nearest apartment she found was half an hour away from his apartment and twenty from the university, where Emma studied dance and human rights. Ray studied engineering and took photography classes during Mondays and Wednesdays.

"Hey, it's getting late. Wanna stay the night at my house?" The boy said, still admiring the sky and how slowly the now dark clouds moved around it and left space for the moon to be seen.

Ray could see from the corner of his eye how the girl with orange hair nodded her head.

"Okay, then we better get going, love" he grabs her hand and starts walking towards the taxi stop and trying to hide the blush that had occupied his face when he said that nickname.

Why did I say that?!

Gosh,, I'm so embarrassed, I hope she doesn't get the wrong idea.

Once they arrived at the spot, Ray raised his hand, calling a taxi. Thankfully, a woman with extravagant appearance noticed them and drove her blue car to where they both were. Taxis around that zone were really expensive, the boy ended up paying forty two swiss francs, which was a totally inflated price for a twenty minute ride.

They rode the car for sometime with the woman who allegedly was called Martha. The taxi ride lasted a little longer than it usually would since the streets were so filled with cars it was shocking. Nevertheless, it wasn't boring at all; Emma kept trying to make the boy with green eyes laugh by poking him, making silly faces, tickling him. She did all sorts of shenanigans yet the boy never laughed. That didn't mean he didn't think at least one of the things Emma did was funny because he did. He thought at least five or more were hilarious but he didn't want to give the orange-haired girl the satisfaction of seeing him laugh because of her silly behavior.

When they arrived at Ray's house, which strangely, in the seven months they had been living in Geneva, Emma had never visited, the boy made a small house tour. ("Over here is the kitchen and over there is my bedroom. You can find the living room there and the bathroom here")

The orange-haired girl was amazed; the apartment was so clean and tidy! How she wished her apartment was as orderly! It would be way easier to find her stuff if it was. Maybe she should ask Ray sometime.

"Hey, carrot-head. If you like it so much why not move in?" The boy said mockingly but to his surprise, Emma nodded her head energetically and ran to a spare room that Ray currently used as a storage room.

"This is going to be my room!" She pointed with her finger and a smile on her face.

"Emma, I was joking..!" The dark-haired boy spoke from his mind rather than his heart. Why? Because his heart was screaming something like "Yes Emma! And then we can get married and live together in a bigger house!" hell, his heart was always two steps ahead from his brain when it came to Emma and the dark-haired boy did not like it.

The ginger's face shifted to one of deception as she looked at the ground, crestfallen. Ray tried to cheer her up as he usually would but nothing he did seemed to have an effect on her mood.

Lacking things to do, they both went to sleep. Well, no. Emma went to sleep. Ray found it impossible to sleep as he couldn't stop thinking about a future where he would live together with Emma in the same apartment, being roommates, of course. He wanted to wake her up and tell her that he had changed his mind. He wanted to tell her how much he would like to live with her.

That night, his heart beat his mind when it came to decision making and he woke Emma up, gently shaking her until she woke up. Once she woke up, he said "Emma, ​​truth is, if you want to live here, you can do it." Half asleep, Emma replied "Ray, you must not do anything that you do not want to do just because I was sad that it was a joke, seriously."

"Carrot head, it's not a joke. You don't know how much I want you to live with me, hell, I think I even want it more than you. You don't know how many times I've looked at that room you chose earlier and said "I wish Emma lived with me" You don't know how many times I have fantasized about a future where we live together in the same house. So please, Emma, ​​if you wish, I will be more than happy to let you. live in my house. "

The girl smiled and reached for the boy's hand, only to hold it afterward.

"If that is what you truly want, then okay, love. I will live with you"

Ray didn't know if it was the fact that he was really tired or the emotion of the moment but if he didn't know exactly what he had said moments ago he would've thought Emma was accepting a marriage proposal.

The only thing he hoped for was that, in the future, the marriage proposal that the carrot-head accepted was his.