(RBA) Jealousy :: Hotshot x Femme-ling! Cybertronian! Reader

Hotshot is jealous of Wedge and you hanging too close on missions. His jealousy doesn't go ignored by Heatwave though.

A/n: This takes place during where Wedge has a rivalry with Hotshot. Maybe where Wedge was first introduced in the show. Sorry if I am a little rusty on this. I haven't gotten far in the series yet.

⋅-˚̣-✧-–-⭒-⊹-⭒-–-✧-˚̣⋅

Hotshot never felt anger as much as he did before towards his sworn enemy. Just within minutes of meeting this "enemy" he knew he was trouble and he wanted to show off and beat him at anything. That's also not the main reason why he showed off. He didn't show off because of that, it's because his enemy was getting extremely close to his crush. (C/n). She was recruited. She was also the adoptive sparkling of Heatwave. Who he worked under. Hotshot always wanted to speak to her. But she's either talking with her instructor. Or with Wedge. He never could find time to pry you away from your work.

Wedge obviously rubs his failure at not being able to get what he wants. But he always thinks Wedge has something "wedged" up his afthole, always acting so pretentious and annoying. He also beared another quality he wished he was able to have. Confidence. Wedge was confident. He was able to be a leader. Unlike Hotshot. Wedge will constantly get on his nerves on purpose. At first it was little things like making (C/n) laugh at one of his old jokes Wedge reused, got touchy with her and became very close.

Hotshot never knew about what he was feeling was jealousy. His stares were obvious now. Hoist and Whirl brought it up to him. Hotshot denies ever feeling something towards his crush. They knew he was lying.

Hotshot walked in the main room of the academy. Right off the bat he noticed that Wedge and (C/n) were around Heatwave. He got a little closer to hear the conversation. He isn't one to eavesdrop but he wondered what was going on.

"...So Wedge and (C/n)... I've seen that you both were getting along very well. So how about you guys go on a mission?" Heatwave asked.

"Of course. I'd like to. (C/n) is a thrill to hang out with." Wedge said.

"Alright. Is this okay with you (C/n)?" Heatwave asked.

Hotshot knew that you didn't talk as much, but you nodded. Hotshot was mad. He was mad, even at Heatwave, his own professor. He knew Hotshot liked you. And he asked Wedge to be her partner. Hotshot just walked off. There were feelings that he didn't understand. Feelings of rage... Feelings of... some other stuff... Maybe it's just him... Hotshot stomped off and went to his berthroom he laid on his berth and just screamed he was feeling upset. Heatwave taught him to hide his feelings. But his feelings were too hard to hide. The more he saw Wedge hang out with you. The more he became mad. What does Wedge have that he doesn’t have? Other than the ability to be a leader… Hotshot looked up towards the ceiling and sighs. The door was being knocked on.

“Go away!” Hotshot said.

“Now that's no way to talk to your professor.”

Slag. Hotshot gets up. “I’m sorry Professor Heatwave. I’m, just…” Hotshot sighs.

“Mind sharing with me?” Heatwave asked.

“I guess.” Hotshot said Heatwave walked into his room, he sat down next to Hotshot.

“I’ve noticed you’ve been increasingly distracted during our meetings.” Heatwave said.

He knew?

“Yeah, why’s that?” Hotshot said.

“Well, I know you well Hotshot, you're a very smart student, and… Mind telling me what’s the matter?” Heatwave asked.

Hotshot shook his helm, what’s the point in telling him this about a femme? This seems all too stupid.

“C’mon Hotshot you can trust me. I promise.” He said.Hotshot sighed.

“It’s (C/n).” He responded. Heatwave arched an optic ridge.

“What about her?” Heatwave asked.

“Whenever Wedge is around her, I just… Feel strange whenever she’s hanging out with him… I already established I liked her… But, I just get angry when he hangs out with her… I just feel… Very upset…” Hotshot admits.

“Hotshot you’re jealous. You’re feeling jealous, why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Heatwave asked.

“It’s because I didn’t want to tell you. I learned from you to bottle up my feelings.” Hotshot admitted.

“You thought that feelings were not important so you decided to bottle them up?” Heatwave asked.

Hotshot nodded.

“You need to talk to her, she probably feels the same, you don’t know.” Heatwave said.

“What about Wedge? She probably likes him more, he’s been hanging out with her more, and laughing at his jokes that I made.” Hotshot said.

“Trust me, she will. Do it.” Heatwave placed a servo on his back. And Hotshot vents.

“Fine.” He said. Hotshot gets up and walks over to the entrance where you and Wedge just arrived back from the mission.

“Thank you for accompanying me on our mission, you were very helpful (C/n).” Wedge said.

“Thank you Wedge, I learned from my old Sire and Carrier that being helpful is best. They were rescue workers, but they passed…” You sadly said.

“Ah… I apologize.” Wedge said he then placed a servo on your shoulder, you smiled before hugging him, Wedge was taken off guard by this.

“Thank you for being there for me, Wedge.” You said. Wedge smiled and patted your back.

“No problem, (C/n).” Wedge responded, you both then stopped hugging. Wedge walked off and Hotshot ran towards you.

“Hey (C/n)!” Hotshot said, you turned to face Hotshot.

“Oh hello Hotshot!” You smiled, Hotshot looked at you bashfully.

“Um… Well, hello (C/n), I was wondering if I could ask you something.” Hotshot said.

“Of course!” You replied.
“Well, (C/n). I have a crush on you, it's been that way since you’ve joined, and I got really jealous of Wedge and you hanging out to the point that… I… I… I just can’t take it anymore.” Hotshot said. You listened to him politely. Hotshot finally finished ranting.

“And… Well, (C/n)... I was trying to tell you how I feel but Wedge kept “wedging” into the conversations!” Hotshot said, you giggled at the pun.

“I just… I am jealous of him and you! I understand you’re both a couple now and I respect it. I’ll support you!” Hotshot said

“Me and Wedge aren’t a couple! We’re just friends! Wedge wanted to get to know me more! He suggested to Heatwave that we’ll be partners!” You laughed. Hotshot blushed so this whole time he was jealous over something that wasn’t true, he looked at you and hugged him.

"Don't worry I love you too." You said.