Summer Day 09 Year 04

09:00 

It was early, I could tell by the high-pitched chirps from the valley's birds in addition to the farmer's damn chickens crowing.

I don't have a window in my bedroom, but I didn't need one to know it was, sunny, nice, warm, and miserable for me.

I like the dark, I work better in the dark... Like a depressed little bat.

I crawled out of the sweet embrace of my bed and hobbled over to my computer where I'd spend the rest of the morning, working on commissioned program after commission program.

My eyes were starting to blurry and I thought they might start bleeding at any second.

I drug myself out of the nice, dark basement into the kitchen.

"Good morning, Sebby!" My mother chirped.

"Morning? It's three in the afternoon." My stepfather Demetrius scoffed, "Well, at least you're up before the sunset. Good for you, son."

I grumbled under my breath as I walked over to give my mom an awkward hug.

"I'm going for a ride, I'll be back later."

"Okay, dear. Please be safe."

I grabbed the keys to my motorcycle on my way out the door.

I barely had one foot out the front door before I was startled into dropping my keys.

"Sebs!" Sam yelled, inches away from my face.

We'd been friends for God knows how long. It seems like we've both been stuck in Pelican Town for a millennium. He's always gotten a kick out of scaring the shit out of me.

"Jesus! What're you doing?" I yelled back at him, digging my keys out of the dirt, "Aren't you supposed to be at Joja by now?"

He shrugged, "Shane's covering for me."

I snorted, "Shane, really?"

Years upon years of living in the same town, I don't think Shane has ever once even looked at me, and I see him every Friday night when I'm at the saloon.

"I think he's warming up to me!" Sam beamed, "Y'know, we both like pizza!"

I rolled my eyes, preparing a sarcastic remark, "Wow, that's truly uncanny."

"You should ask your sister to surgically remove that for you." He stated.

I gave him a confused glance as I opened the garage door, "What?"

"That stick," he shot back, "The one wedged tightly up your ass."

I scoffed, "You're an idiot."

"And you're a buzz kill."

I crossed my arms, leaning against my bike, "What do you want, Sam?"

He perked up, "Where you going?"

"Don't know yet."

"Can I come?"

"No."

"Why not?!"

"'Cause the last time I brought you, you puked on me."

"I swallowed a bug! And come on! That was one time!"

"Once was enough."

"Fine!" He grumbled, "Come with me then."

"Where?"

"I don't know yet." He stuck his tongue out at me.

"You're a child."

"Please?" He whined, "Abs is working with her dad and I'm bored!"