Returning

Year 8XX. It is a cold winter night in the Empire of Aretia. The sky is clear and the moon is bright. The moonlight shines down eerily on the nation, as if predicting something out of the ordinary is about to occur.

"Your highness please spare my family."

"They had nothing to do with my wretchedness."

A shambled mess of a woman lay kneeling in the throne room of the empire. The emperors seat was vacant. No guards to be seen.
The draperies hung low, marked with the colours of purple and gold. The eagle crest sown on with white thread. Intimidating.

But not as intimidating as the man that stood in front of the collapsed figure. Deep plum hair tied neatly. Cold amethyst eyes, and pale skin. All the marks of the Royal blood. He was dressed in the Royal military uniform, with his sword hanging unceremoniously in his hand. He was the crown prince of the empire. Deitrus Vin Gautier.

"Lady Ilia, I certainly cannot do that."

The woman looked up at the man. Tan skin, iridescent eyes, and pale white hair. She was the jewel of the Elise Duchy without a doubt. So beautiful and strong, yet right now, besides her features nothing resembled the daughter the Duke had boasted about.

In this life, she had attempted to save her family by increasing their prestige in the eyes of the emperor. She even convinced her family to align themselves with the crown prince in his struggle for the throne.

She had miscalculated severely.

To this man, her family was dispensable. And she was fated to die by his hands just as her vision had shown her.

Even if she didn't victimize the heroine, the hero still hated her.

"With whose permission did you use your status to woo me with such a disingenuous heart?"

Ilia stared at the man, her head no longer planted on the ground.

The man chuckled and stepped closer.

"You think you can fool me princess?" His eyes darkened. "I know that your heart only knows Alain. Yet like a fool you attempted to save his happiness with another woman and cost your own."

The dark eyes seemed to bore into Ilia's iridescent ones

"You have never loved me. Yet you have repeatedly chased after me and interfered with my relationship with Princess Navi."

The man laughed again.

"Actually neither of you have loved me."

"Truly I am a fool."

"You and Navi, why do both of you pine after that fucking man!"

His enraged eyes scared Ilia, but she knew what was to come. Her eyes lost their lustre, her lids dropped.

She was prepared.

Slash. Clang.

The sword dropped to the floor, and Ilia's head was separated from her body.

"This- this wasn't-."