When Will My Life Begin?

AN: Hi. I don't own Tangled, Rapunzel or anything else Disney related. This is set pre movie and based on the song, it was also written in 2015. Enjoy!!!

"It's better to be absolutely ridiculous than be absolutely boring."- Marilyn Monroe

The warm sun on my face wakes me up as the pleasant breeze coming from the open window blows my hair across my nose, making me giggle. Sitting up, I yawn and stretch before leaping out of bed and running downstairs, nearly tripping over my locks. Sticking my head out into the fresh air, I inhale the beautiful scent of the flowers in the box. Mother left the afternoon before to go somewhere and wouldn't be back till tonight and maybe if I was lucky she'd bring me back some new things!

Today, I have a lot of tasks to finish.

I wash and dress, then make breakfast for me and Pascal. Eggs and an apple for him, fresh fruit and cold milk for me, I don't know how Mother keeps the food cold and fresh but it was amazing, however she did it, I wasn't sure. A perfect way to start a hot day, a fresh meal and a lovely chilly wind streaming through the window. Putting the dishes on the side for later, I grab my watering can and get to work, it's five to seven after all.

After watering the flowers outside, I start on the rest of the chores, talking to my only friend as I went along. Sweeping the floor, I tell him all about my dream last night. The one I've had before about the bright lights with the sun symbol on the side and the strange faces, a man and a woman crying over an empty cradle. Shaking my head, I quickly move on and tell him about what we would bake today.

Mother hated me mumbling so I take every chance I get to practise talking without doing so.

When I had polished and waxed, I gather the laundry and get to scrubbing it clean, humming and singing until it was done. Putting it on the line to dry and darning anything that needed to be fixed, I move my hair out of the way and begin to mop up, stopping to have a cup of water every once in a while. Shining up the metal, I remove all the candles and put them aside for later, getting rid of the wicks and scraping of any excess as I go. Sweeping up again, I look up at the clock, sighing as it only read twenty past seven.

Finishing the chores, I stare at my hands. They are sore and cracked from all the work and I have a cut on my thumb. If I didn't heal them then I won't be able to paint, as the blood was welling up where I hold my paintbrush. Glancing around cautiously, even though I knew I was alone and wrapped some of my hair around my hands before closing my eyes.

"Flower gleam and glow. Let your powers shine. Make the clock reverse. Bring back what once was mine. Heal what has been hurt. Change the fates design. Save what has been lost. Bring back what once was mine. What once was mine."

Opening my eyes, I smile at the now soft skin, flexing my hands without any pain. With nearly all the chores done, I can now start reading! I want to make sure I have all the words imprinted in my head before Mother came back and took them away, replacing them with new ones. Skipping to the shelf with Pascal on my shoulder, I grab them and make my way to my bed, throwing myself on my stomach and opening the first one.

The yellow one is all about Astronomy, I think that how you say it anyway. Flipping the pages, careful not to dislodge the paper I placed in there to show me where I am with my sketching, I search for the one I found last night. It had three points and two lines, one long and one short. The short one was slightly to the side.

Scanning down the page my eyes lock on to the drawing. Yes! Found it! Pyxis!

Closing the book, I place it on top of my sketch book and move on to the second. A purple volume containing facts about Human Biology. Having read most of it, I skip to the part on how to tell how old something in the body was, which was the part I am most intrigued with. Seeing as Mother won't tell me how old I am, I've taken on the task of trying to work it out myself.