𝖘𝖎𝖝

╔ ——————————————— ╗

                                     "I hope you know , 

                                   as I wait - I suffocate."

                        ╚ ——————————————— ╝

                                                           [ 10th September , 1976 ]  

THE SLYTHERIN girl sat alone , her innards still crumbling like the ashen remains of Pompeii , but her soul at slight peace upon having known the truth. Amaya's braided copper hair shielded her tired eyes , as she rested her chin on her fist and tried to read through the pages of a potions book. 

It had been four months since she last encountered her once-favourite Gryffindors.

And it had been the worst months of Amaya's life.

Her limbs felt sore , and the ending of her friendship with the Marauders only triggered the Slytherin's emotions. She felt tired , often letting on a small smile for the sake of Peter. Most of the time , she slept or read books. Her life had fallen into an endless chain of mundane events , and to some extent , she now understood how the other Slytherins felt - shunned by the entire school , overlooked by teachers yet unmatched in their own , unfathomable way. And despite having some peace of mind , she felt suffocated.

Amaya sighed , flipping through the pages that had once excited her so. She cursed herself silently for caring so much about what happened in the past , for feeling uninterested in Potions - what had once been her favourite subject.

A sudden tap on her shoulder pulled her out of her reverie , and she peered up through her dark eyes at an almost familiar face. Haunting green eyes , a pale yet aristocratic face , raven curls and donning a Slytherin tie. He was obviously a Black. Regulus , Sirius' brother and the Slytherin seeker.

"Pardon ,  but I need the book on the shelf behind you", He spoke in a soft , clipped voice as though he was afraid to let on much.

"Of course", Amaya replied , scooting over with her chair to allow him to pass. She watched through her peripheral vision , as his ring-riddled fingers curled around the golden bound spine of some book , and he took it - seating himself opposite to her.

"You're the sixth year Slytherin Prefect , aren't you ?", He asked , raising an eyebrow at her green and silver hemmed robes adorned with a silver 'Prefect' badge. He had seen her around the school once or twice - mostly moving with the Marauders rather than her own housemates , but he could only fathom that was because they were all a year above him and extremely close. Regardless , if it had been him who had befriended what his family presumed were a bunch of 'low-life mudbloods and blood traitor scum' - his mother would have sent a Howler the very next week and made sure he never as well crossed paths with them.