pain

Hazel

I sat down on my bed, having millions of thoughts run through my head. Pain. Tomorrow will be exactly 3 months since my dad died.Got murdered. Shot. Dead. He wasn't always grateful for me, but he constantly protected me. He was the only parent I had in my life. My mother died from a car accident when I was 2. This broke my family. Me and my dad. Especially my father. For years, my father didn't talk to anyone. He would constantly kill random people and had developped serious depression overtime. He barely talked to me for 2 and a half years. Our nanny, Eli, has helped me during that time of my life. Sadly, she passed away a couple years later.

Since my dad owns, well owned the italian mafia boss, I have always been pretty spoiled in my life. I live in a big white mansion with a big stairwell case. I mostly get what I want, but I like to keep it simple and I try to donate as much as possible to the disavantadge people. Since my dad died, I have been in charge of the italian mafia. I am 21 years old, yes only 21. Over the months, many people have doubted me. Including myself.

"You are way too young, young lady." "You? A 21 years old WOMAN? In charge of OUR mafia?" "What is this bullshit!" "This bitch can't even shoot".

I would cry everyday for two main reasons. First being, the pressure and the doubt from my people. The pressure the italians gave me of being the first young woman in charge of the mafia. Second being Alessandro killing my dad. I have despised him since the day I heard the news. How could he? There's just this constant rage in my chest wanting to kill him for that. Slice his throat slowly and painfully.

I haven't seen Alessandro in years. Last time we met, it was when I was 18, and I was sent undercover from my dad to hand information from the russian mafia. Italian and russian mafias have been at war since I can remember, and since Alessandro was the son of the russian mafia's boss, it was perfect. Long story short, it went well, until one day I fucked up.

3 years earlier...

I was going through his desk, searching for papers, knowing he was in a meeting. I knew this was wrong, it's been 5 months since I've been undercover and he really grew on me. I can't deny, we do have a little spark, sexual tension. But none of us really ever made a move.

I finally found a stack of papers about their next attack, I then decided to take my phone and I started taking pictures. When suddenly, the door bursts open, with Alessandro and 2 other guards. His face was red, jaw clenched, his hands turned into fists on his sides. He looked right through me, piercing his green eyes with hate.

"I-wh-..." No words came out of my mouth.

"Hazel Bianca Accardi". He said through his clenched teeth. He paused then proceeded "That's your name right sweetheart?"

I started panicking. How? How did he know my name? We changed my name to Madeleine Taylor. Being an americain immigrant from Florida. We took off my real name on all possible systems. How did he found out?

"How? I- Weren't you in a meeting?" I had no words. I was panicking. Was I going to die? My hands were held tightly onto my phone and my face was turning white.

"No. I just tricked you to catch you, you motherfucker. You really thought we woudn't find out? You son of a bitch. Yestherday night, I saw you on my camera snooping into my desk. So, I decided to run a background check and I have to say, you're quite the hider uh? Madeleine Taylor? Really?"

Fuck. I was screwed, I should've disabled that camera.

"No words out of your pretty mouth now uh darling? So tell me, were u the reason why our attacks kept messing up? uh? You work for the italian mafia, dont you?"