The Liar's Diary (Ikura's Freedom)

August 8th, 2020:

My first day as a Cleanser. Being chosen for Project: Anti towards the end of high school was my saving grace from a life of disappointment and office job boredom. My incredibly non-practical or lucrative ability of memory writing wouldn't provide a job, so once I got the letter in the mail, I couldn't believe my eyes. They were creating a specialized unit to depower villains and then incarcerate them, and anyone could try out. I went to the WLA headquarters and registered immediately.

The pruning of unwilling or scared members went very fast, dwindling the numbers down from 1500 to a measly 75. The boot camp for it over the next month was treacherous, but it honed my non-experienced body into one of steel and fire. I thought of giving up too many times, even going as far as almost to stab a drill sergeant in his sleep. But I couldn't give up. Some hard labor couldn't shake the resolve to make a difference in the world. Out of the 75 that made it in, only three remained at the end, earning the title of Cleanser. The suits of armor we had to don had these microscopic needles on the palms and fingertips that could drain out the DNA that carried their ability and place it in the vials around the suit's wrist. So not only would the villain be depowered, but whoever captured the villain could redistribute the power or keep it locked away. They told us that this part of it should never be released to the public. Oh, ok, I have to stop writing now. We're being deployed. We're going to cause good in the world. This is for everyone. This is for you, Mom.

August 9th, 2020.

The battle was atrocious. Epitaph destroyed half of Staten Island, causing around 170,000 deaths. His manipulation of vibrations shifted the tectonic plates under the sea and submerged half in water. I wish I could have been faster to stop him, but Neon beat me to it. His quick thinking and natural leadership helped him get in first for all the boot camp activities. Give an intelligent brain to a good physique, and you can get anything done. But I'm not going to stay in second place for long. You wait, Neon.

November 6th, 2020

I finally did it! I depowered my first villain. Neon and Agartha tried to demean me by flexing their respective 12 and 7-depowered villains, but this is special for me, so I won't let them get me down. Plus, I have more civilian lives saved than the two of them combined. So who's winning, huh? The power I got was Toxic Toad's acidic breath and poisonous touch. The holding cell was deep until the WLA headquarters so that no one could get any idea of it. Once I made it down there, I did notice something strange. Volatile's heat vision and Slime King's regeneration were both gone. Neon and Agartha had been down here before me earlier, and when I asked them, they both gave me the same answer. "It's already been reported, so don't worry about it. Stuff goes missing all the time, you know?" So I guess they already had it covered. Still a little suspicious, however. Agartha is cooler than Neon, but she still had her times slipping up. She'll most likely spill first.

January 1st, 2021.

This has been the best and worst day of my life. The best because it's our first out-of-country mission. Some guy had let out monsters in Brazil, so we had been flown out there the following morning. And there I depowered not two, but three more villains! That put me above Agartha with 13 and gaining on Neon's 22. But the worst day, Mom's condition got worse. All of my Cleanser money had gone to her treatment, but the several strains of Black Fear in her body were just too potent. There aren't many things a hospital can do about a virus that is made from the same powers that they're using to heal it. I just hope something comes along that helps her. Or all my work will be for nothing.

January 23rd, 2021.

Not worth mentioning too much, but Agartha has been getting more solo missions recently. I don't mind too much, but Neon hates it. He wants all of the fame and glory of soloing a villain team. But PR said it's better to have a girl do it.