Let's embrace change!【うらた/Urata X reader】

"You know how everyone always says that you should try and change the world?"

You looked up from your book, eyes meeting with your friend's green eyes. His arms folded as he stared into the distance, as if he was seeing into the never-ending future.

You nodded in reply, recalling every moment a person mentioned change.

"I'm going to take their advice." The brunette boy looked at you, smiling. "And I want to have your approval."

You choked back air, which only made the boy laugh. "Can I ask why me?" you whispered out, feeling your face getting warmer. "I mean, not that I'm honored but shouldn't you ask your parent Urata?"

Urata hummed in response. "I know that whatever I chose to become, my family will support me wholeheartedly." His eyes shifted, focused on playing with his fingers. "Besides, your opinion means more to me than theirs."

You felt your heart race. With a lost of words, you simply mumbled while you hid your face in the pages of your book. You heart Urata chuckle.

"What exactly do you want to do that needs my approval?" You asked, peaking your eyes over the pages of the book.

"I want to go into voice acting or maybe even singing."

You smiled, knowing that your best friend was following his dream, facing them head on and with so much determination.

Without any hesitation, you replied. "I won't ever stop you, heck, I'll support you with all my heart. Besides, even if I said no, you would still attempt to try."

Urata looked at you, wide-eyed and face dusted with red. He chuckled, scratching his hair. "You replied really quickly, but it makes me happy that you'll stay with me." He grabbed your hands. "Thanks (y/n)!"

You gave his hands a squeeze. "Of course!"

~~~a couple years later~~~

"Ah! (y/n), did you see!?"

You tilted your head. "What now? You literally called me 5 minutes ago."

Your friend smiled. It was almost like happiness was seeping out of her. She quickly grabbed your hand, pulling you through the streets.

"(b/f/n)! Slow down!"

"But look!"

The both of you paused. You leaned on your knees, trying to catch your breath. By the time you looked up, you were surprised when you saw the billboard flashed information about a new album recently hitting first on Oricon weekly.

You friend smiled. "Urashimasakatasen hit first on Oricon!"

You chuckled, holding your jumping friend. "I already knew this."

Your friend pouted. She crossed her arms. "How come you know before me?" She smiled, winking. "You stalking?"

You blushed. "Of course not! I'm not some creep. And maybe you would find out sooner if you weren't jumping around everyone."

"Meanie." (b/f/n) huffed, making you smile.

"You already know that I'm a number 1 fan (b/f/n)!" you slung your arm around her. "So come, I know you haven't bought their album yet. Why don't I treat you?"

Your friend nodded in reply, happily pulling you along. You quickly looked back at the billboard, particularly focusing on the brunette boy.

"I won't ever stop you, heck, I'll support you with all my heart."

"You like Urata, don't you?" (b/f/n) said, smiling evilly.

"Of course I do! I've been a fan since the very beginning." You blushed, adding a quiet, "I just hope he knows that."

"Hm? What did you say? I didn't hear that."

You shook your head. "I said, I hope you know that."

(b/f/n) smiled. "Yea, yea. Come on! You have an album to buy me, number 1 fan."

"Sure."