1

ELENA

+
[ 20 VOTES TIL NEXT CHAPTER ]
+
edited

"You have to do this Elena," my brother Giovanni urged, peering into my hazel green orbs. "This may be our last chance to destroy his empire." His as in Lorenzo Romano, also known as JJ, a don and the most dreaded and wealthy member of one of the Sicilian-American criminal family. He earned his nickname while doing time in prison at the age of thirteen, and at the age of twelve, he began doing dirty work for Sicilians in New York. Lorenzo became a leader before he could consume alcohol since his father was assassinated when he was young; killed by a member from my father's family . Shivers ran up and down my spine at the possibility of having to work with JJ. He's walking evil, a man you should never fall in love with, a man who would murder you if you disagreed with him or simply breathed too loudly in his presence.

"No." I furiously  declined. "I'm not working with him," my family, the Colombos, were known among other Sicilian crime families as the "rats." A battle would break out if other Dons found out I was partnering with JJ.

"Why, for the love of God, won't you simply listen to us?" As my father approached Giovanni and I, he yelled. I shuddered and pursed my lips in a thinned line in response to his comment. I exclaimed, his eyes widened, "I said no, I'm not working with that diavolo for a situation you brought yourself into!" I continued. "Your men shouldn't have killed Don Romano's father,"

Until my brother slammed me against the wall, the room fell silent. Intense pain ran down my spine as his hot breath brushed my neck. I acted quick, sliding the revolver from the pistol hostler around my thigh and aiming it at his temple. I looked into his darkening eyes, which had been restored with remorse, whereas mine had been filled with rage.

"Touch me again, Gio, and I'll pull this mother*cking trigger without hesitation," I warned. I had it with my father and brother, now was the moment I wished my dear mother was with me. My father yanked Giovanni away from off me and yelled, "Enough Elena." 

"You're still going, The Romanos would be here in two or three hours," Gio stated with a shake of his head.

"Why can't you ask Lexi, she's better at these kind of tasks, why would you prefer me to find information about the Don?" I said after softly exhaling.

Lexi was the most valuable lady in the Colombo family, the young woman was ideal in my eyes. Lexi was tall, thin, brunette, had a great smile, spoke sweetly, walked with her head held high—like a model and always socialized—but that wasn't why everyone adored her; she excelled at 'special' tasks. Lexi was obedient to every order like a slave. She reminded my father of my mother, a real Sicilian woman, that's why she was favorited. 

I turned my head, my brow arched, and said, "She's good at what she does." I paused, " Right? or is it because you don't want want her to die—you don't want the favorite daughter to die—so you're sending me out on this mission?"

"Elena, it's not like that," said my father, taking a step towards me. "Then what is it?" I screamed, tears forming in my eyes before streaming down my face. When I pointed the weapon to my father, he instantly raised his arms in surrender. "Do you think I'm as weak as my mother?" I blurted, I didn't want to believe it, but it was my only option.

"No!" My father exclaimed. "I don't think you're weak...just...," Before lowering the weapon, I interrupted him. "I'll go, and you know what?," I licked the tears from my lips, tilting my head. "I actually hope something bad happens because I don't want to be in this crime family any longer, I want a normal life," Yes, we lived in large suburban neighborhood and attempted not to be like the other Sicilian crime families who lived in mansions, but it never worked out. Because of my father, we were all pulled into crime. We will always be criminals ,no matter how much times we tried to change.

The room became quiet once more. I scoffed and strolled upstairs to my room while looking at their sorrowful expressions. "And I hate to burst your little bubble, Dad, but Lexi isn't who you think she is." I cried, slamming my room door.

-

a/n: short introduction but whatever. BUCKLE UP AND ENJOY