Prolouge

On a cold, clear August night in Falmouth London. The stars glinted peacefully and the leaves on the trees ruffled slightly in the nippy wind.

Unbeknownst to all, except perhaps an old alley cat or two, a shadow of a woman dashed up the garden path of a warmly glowing house. It's chimney smoking, soft music floating from an open upstairs window and laughter of a happy group echoing into the air.

The woman paused, a step away from the door, and placed a bundle of blankets on the doorstep with a slip of parchment tucked tightly between the folds.

Without a knock nor a whisper she twirled, her thin cloak flicking slightly in the movement, before running silently away, off into the night.

The people inside didn't stir or slow in their light-hearted festivities. Their conversation unburdened by the small little girl, not even three months old, lying sleeping on the doorstep.

The next day, a content Remus Black opened the door, expecting to collect the mail, and return back to the warmth of the kitchen and the company of his friends. Only to find that bundle of blankets and the mysterious piece of parchment clutched in her tiny, pink hand.

Pulling the scrap of tattered parchment from her grip gently. Reading nothing more than thirteen, carefully sketched words.

'Her name is Anastasia, take care of her. I'm so sorry I couldn't."

- - -

After a gruelling adoption process, put on hold by the earth-shattering death of their closest friends.

Anastasia became their little girl. A happy addition to their family.

Slowly but surely she became a wicked smart child, with a sense of mischief in her eyes that rivalled her fathers.

Hogwarts was certainly going to have some trouble on their hands. 

---

Heyyyyyyy

This is my first published Harry Potter fic! Yay!

As you can see by my page, I am no stranger to writing in universe fics. But this one is new for me.

Sleep-deprived-insomnia me dreamt this up a while ago and though this was the best idea ever so I guess I'm giving it a shot.

I will warn any die hard potterheads like myself that while this story will be following the general plot of the HP books but with some minor (and major) changes to the plot lines for my own benefit.

And if I get around the writing a couple more of these (following the years at Hogwarts) I will be changing deaths so I don't cry.

Almost all of the characters in this book don't belong to me, but the story material (or some of it does) and the characters I've created belong to me.

Please don't copy this book, I've worked hard on it.

Have fun!

- Jess x