II. Back To School.

★

Aurora Black made her way down platform 9¾ with her head held high. She ignored the parents that told their children to stay away from her and she ignored the horrified looks people were sending her.

She gave off a very clear attitude that she did not care about what they thought.

The thirteen year old stepped onto the Hogwarts express, taking a deep breath as she did so. Aurora watched as everyone around her whispered to their friends about her father, however she just rolled her eyes and found her friend's compartment.

When she found it, Aurora put her trunk on the rack with the others, clutching her cat Ziggy in her arms as she opened the compartment door.

Hermione Granger, Ron Weasley and Harry Potter all sat in their usual compartment, except today a stranger had joined them.

The stranger was wearing an extremely shabby set of wizard's robes that had been darned in several places. He looked ill and exhausted. Though quite young, his light brown hair was flecked with gray.

"Aurora!" Hermione exclaimed, pulling her friend in for a hug. "How was your summer? Oh gosh I've missed you!"

"Let her breathe 'Mione," Ron laughed, and Hermione stepped away so that Ron could hug her. "Alright?"

"I'm good," Aurora let out a laugh, turning to Harry.

Aurora Black and Harry Potter had an unbreakable bond. The two were the closest in the friendship group and were always seen together. The students at Hogwarts were always betting on when they would become a couple, something that Aurora always found amusing.

"Rory," Harry breathed out, taking in her appearance. He couldn't help but notice Aurora has changed over the summer. She was an inch or two taller, and her jaw was sharper. She had more curves than last year, not that his eyes lingered on that aspect for very long.

"Who d'you reckon he is?" Ron aaked as they sat down and slid the door shut, taking the seats farthest away from the window.

"Professor R. J. Lupin." whispered Hermione at once.

"How'd you know that?" Asked Aurora.

"It's on his case," she replied, pointing at the luggage rack over the man's head, where there was a small, battered case held together with a large quantity of neatly knotted string. The name Professor R. J. Lupin was stamped across one corner in peeling letters.