𝔣𝔦𝔳𝔢

[ A/N: Hello, I know this took so long but here we go. I wanted to thank you guys for patiently waiting, and I'm sorry for not updating fast. I have been on a writer's block again and I am just recovering from it. Don't worry though, I won't abandon this fic at all! I appreciate y'all for commenting, bookmarking and voting!

Here's a 5k+ words chapter for all of you, I hope you like it! Ily <3 ]

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶       ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶

TAOAT : Chapter 5

Aether didn't know how many days had gone by already, maybe weeks? He doesn't know, but the only thing he knows is being lonely. Even though the talking antiques are accompanying him in his chamber, giving him all the things he needs, the loneliness and sadness remain inside of him. Thus, he felt so distant from reality.

He's not leaving his bed chamber as well even if he's allowed to wander around the palace.

He's just walking back and forth there, most of the time he's staring blankly at the windows and doing nothing.

He miss his twin sister so much, he couldn't stop thinking about her, about her situation. The thought of not seeing her, being with her— hurts him so bad. This includes Brook too, and his friends in Mondstadt, even if they're only a few. He misses doing his chores everyday. He misses reading books, borrowing books, he misses getting lost while reading it, being addicted to it. The only thing that he didn't miss was the harassment of the Cavalry Captain, but as alarming as it was, it is so much better than being imprisoned.

Aether laid and curled himself up on the mattress. This bed chamber is too big for him, it reminds him more that he's all alone.

In a different situation, he should be happy, because one of his dreams is to know what a palace really looks like. He remembered how he wanted to be inside of it, to live inside of it. He even dreamed of having one for himself. It sounded so magical, so extraordinary the first time he read it in his book, but now, it's disappointing. It's all nothing but a fantasy, this is the harsh reality he needs to face.

"Aether, honey..." The blond immediately sat up upon hearing someone calling for his name. Thoughts running inside of his head intervened. He looked down, realizing it was the teapot antique appearing before him.

"Alice." Aether muttered. Alice is the palace's cook and one of the antiques who's always visiting him, asking him, providing him all of the necessities. She is very kind, she kind of reminds him of Brook. Alice is also the mother of Klee— a teacup kid who doesn't fail to cheer him up. Klee is just way too cute and way too energetic for this world.

"Pardon me, I didn't knock before entering. I don't want to wake you in case you're sleeping." She explained but it seems Aether didn't mind it.

"Why? Did something happen?"

"I'm worried about you." Alice responded, opening the door— showing Venti, Klee and Jean. They all had these concern expressions written on their faces. They noticed how the appearance of Aether kept changing as the days went by, and it is not a good change at all. His body is becoming thinner. There's dark bags under his eyes. He really looks stressed and restless. To be precise, he's in bad shape.

"We are." Sucrose suddenly added, who was now standing beside him. She then pat his arm. Aether gasped, he almost forgot Sucrose was there with him all the time. Since she is the flower vase that was placed in the chamber that he's currently staying in, of course she would. Actually most of the furniture in the room are living things. Sucrose is apparently the assistant of the beast. Sometimes, the beast was calling for her whenever he needed her to do something.