Chapter 1

"Grrrr...This is impossible to solve!!!! I hate you who ever invented math!" I sighed, math is really not my thing. And right now I just want to tear the paper and toss it in a fire and watch it burn. I glanced at the oven clock for the seventh billion time. The minutes slowly ticked by, giving itself an eternity to turn to the next digital minute.

The sound of something crashing down the stairs brought me back to reality which unfortunately I live in. I glanced up to Sadie, the evil 8 month puppy who took anything and everything. How many things I've lost from her? I've lost count. She came down the stairs carrying something in her mouth. Something long and black. I inwardly groaned. I'm NOT in the mood to case after her.

"Sadie, what do you have this time?" I said standing up from the chair I was just sitting in, trying and failing, to do my math homework. She galloped over with the mystery object still in her mouth. Her dark brown coat was starting to shed due to the warmer weather. She came and sat down in front of me, giving me her puppy dog eyes.

That little devil, she KNOWS I can't handle her puppy dog eyes!!!! I placed my hands on my hips and gave her my 'don't pull this stunt' look. I glanced at the thing in her mouth. The long black, snake like thing that still hung from her mouth.

"Hey, Wait a minute! That's your leash!!!" I said bending down and getting to her eye level. She almost seemed to nod her head as if saying "yea and you know what a leash does!"
I glanced at the oven clock. It was only 3:18 in the afternoon. I glanced back at her.

"Okay fine. I have to take a break from my stupid math homework. So let's go for a walk." I said grabbing the leash and clipping it on to her collar.

"Dad! I'm going to take Sadie for a walk. Can I go?" I hollered upstairs to my dad who was painting my sisters room.

"Yes. Just as long as you take your phone with you Taylor!" He hollered back, still painting the room.
I have long brown hair with natural highlights. I inherited my fathers green eyes and my mothers brown wavy hair. I'm tall and slender. Not the most athletic but not the worst at sports.

I stepped out into the warm March air in only a t-shirt and blue jeans. I debated on wether or not I should change my ratty old uggs into my sneakers. Not making the best decision, I decided to keep the uggs on and headed out towards the road. At lest I wouldn't have to do my math homework. For now.

................................................................
Hey! So there will be a different cover later on. This is my first book so ya. Please comment if u see any spelling mistakes cause I'm not perfect. Thx!!!