Living A Lie

"It'll be fun," they said.

"You need to loosen up some time," they whined.

"Come on, Y/N. You'll be fine!" they pleaded.

And soon enough, I gave in. After multiple heartbreaks, no-shows, and straight-up scumbags, I decided to finally throw caution to the wind and put my heart back on the line, albeit reluctantly. I just hope that this time, I won't end up in the same position as last time: in bed, in my pajamas, hot tears of rejection stinging my cheeks and dissolving into my pillow.

Taking a deep breath, I let out a sigh, opening my eyes and looking at my reflection in the mirror. My hair was done in a slicked-back low ponytail, the ebony strands of both my natural hair and hair extensions flowing down to the middle of my back. I dressed casually, yet sensibly; a simple black pantsuit, black heels, and a red tank top underneath. Wearing a light dusting of makeup and a nice shade of deep red lipstick, I smile in the mirror, giving myself a once-over before grabbing my purse and my cell phone and walking towards the door.

My cat, Onyx, brushed against my foot, letting out a small mewl. I squat down and scratch between Onyx's ears, smiling.

"I'll be back soon, baby. Wish me luck, okay?" I said. She mewled once more, padding across the hardwood floor and up the stairs back to my room, hoping to take a nap. I sigh one more time before opening the door to the garage where my car was.

A sleek, obsidian-colored 2017 Ford GT sat parked in all of its beautiful, smooth-riding glory. A gift from a former acquaintance of mine. Whether it was a form of an apology or not I'll never remember, but I still like it a lot. So much so that I decided to use her in my late-night adventures; the so-called adventures being street racing.

It was for the money, of course, but it was also a means to get my mind off of the fact that I haven't been able to find love, and every attempt at trying to find it has left me in tears. Just thinking about the number of dates that have gone wrong is enough to make my heart crack just a little. I've lost myself in my thoughts until the sound of my phone ringing brings me back to reality. Searching through my purse, I pull out my phone, checking the caller ID. It was my close childhood friend and one-half of the infamous Miya Twins, Osamu Miya. Quickly answering the call, I get into my car with a smile, holding my phone up to my ear with my shoulder as I got settled.

"Talk to me, Samu."

"Guess what, babe?" he replied, his voice deep and just a bit raspy. It shocked me. This couldn't be the same Osamu Miya, right? The one who always got into fights with his brother, even over the smallest of things, right?

Shaking myself out of my thoughts, I started my car, grinning to myself as it roared to life. This was something that would never get old to me: the sound of an engine under the hood of a car. It was an experience that I had loved since I was a child in my father's car every time he would take me, Atsumu, and Osamu to school.

"Y/N? Are ya okay? You're pretty quiet," Osamu said, his voice now a bit concerned.

"What? Y-Yeah. Yeah, I'm good. Sorry," I replied, embarrassment etched on my face.

"Okay then. Anyways, where are ya heading off to? I hear the car in the back. A new date maybe?" he said, and I could practically hear the smirk on his face. I roll my eyes, smirking while placing my phone on speaker.

"It's not a date," I said, "If anything, I'm meeting up with a guy."

"That's a date, hon."

"Fine, I guess it is a date then."

"I fucking knew it!!" a different voice yelled. That voice seemed slightly familiar, and judging by the sigh that came from Osamu, I guessed that it would have to be Osamu's blonde-haired twin, Atsumu.

"Atsumu, is that you?" I asked.

"You know it!" Atsumu replied.

I smiled. Atsumu was more of a fun brother to me. Hell, both of them were. The Miya twins were like a set of siblings to me, ever since we met in the park as toddlers.

Backing out of the garage, I peeled out of my driveway and down the street into the night.

"So, Y/N, tell us about your little date," Osamu said, "We both definitely want to know."

"Fine. But promise me you won't grab Suna and jump him if this one goes wrong." I asked, cringing internally when I thought about last time.

"No promises, sweetheart," Atsumu replied jokingly.

"I hate you two." I sighed.

"You love us!" they both said in unison.

"Damn right I do," I said, smiling wide and watching as the streetlights blurred into horizontal beams of light.

"Speaking of Rin, this is him right now. I have to call you back, babe," Samu said.

"Be safe out there! And text me the details!" Tsumu said as well.

"I will, you two. Bye, guys." I replied, hanging up, and focusing my attention on the road. There was gonna be a long night ahead of me, I could just feel it.