Chapter #23 Broken

(Viewer discretion is advised)  

"Alright team here's the plan we know the enemy strikes today at the end of the games, so Angel, Lance you two will go to the arena and watch for activity their. The reports said that Mercury and his team when home yesterday due to Mercury's leg but I doubt they actually left. Me and Krystal will stay here by Beacon and check the campus as well as the fair grounds." I explain as I pace back and fourth. "But isn't the plan going to be put into action during the final match so why are we wasting energy by running around?" Lance questions. "That may be but plans change and theirs is no different so if there is any chance to nip this in the bud we need to take it." I explain. "Say we do find something should we send out some kind of signal?" Angel asks. "Yes, send an S.O.S. text to the group and the others will come running to what ever group sent it." I explain. "What about Elaina, if were all gone then who is going to watch her?" Krystal says as she pets Elaina. I whistle and she climbs up my arms and rests around my neck. "She'll be fine with me. Alright if that's all for questions the let's get operation over watch started already. " I say as I put a bag of treats in my duster. Everyone grab's their gear and walks out to the court yard where we split up. "Man the sunset looks so beautiful today, it's a shame that it won't last." Krystal says as she stares at the sunset. "Nothing ever does but that's why it's so beautiful. But I like the view down here far more than the one up there." I say with a smirk. "You are such a flirt." She says as she kisses me. We continue on to search the grounds until the first match of the day starts. I look at the match up and my heart sinks. "Oh shit." I say as my eyes widen. "What's -" "We need to get to the others NOW!" I scream as I run at full speed to the airships. "What's happening?" Krystal yells as she tries to keep up with me. "The next match up is going to kickstart their plan, we need to move." I say as we reach the airships. "What is so bad about the match up it's just Penny and Pyrrha?" Krystal says as we take off. "Penny isn't a girl she's a robot built in Atlas, I know this because I may or may not have swiped the Generals scroll a few days ago to see what he had in Vale." I explain. "You what! Whatever, why does it matter if she's a robot?" Krystal asks as we land and continue running. "Penny is made of metal and Pyrrha can control metal that combination is not going to end well since she can-" I stop talking as I see the arena and Penny in pieces. Krystal quickly shows up behind me and see's what I do. "Oh no." Krystal says as she covers her mouth. 

The others meet up as the speakers start acting weird. We hear the all familiar voice of Cinder as she invokes fear in everyone watching worldwide, and in doing so bringing the Grimm. Grimm attack Sirens ring out as Everyone runs in fear. "And so it begins. This is it people the Devil is knocking on our door, so let's give him a reason to run." I order as I draw deaths finger. A Nevermore lands on the barrier just above the arena and breaks through. Ruby quickly stabs it in the chest and the beast gets ready to attack when Lockers with everyone's equipment  land on it.  Everyone gears up and decapitates the Nevermore in an amazing combined attack. Griffins quickly show up and interrupt the moment everyone had. The griffons are quickly distracted as Port and Oobleck rush out with weapons draw as the others run to the exit. The others find a ship and we do the same. "Dose anyone know how to fly one of these things." I ask as I check the windows for Grimm. "I got this, Father had ships like this for when he wanted to pick up friends for meetings." Krystal says as she takes the wheel. "Anyone leave anything important back at Beacon?" I ask as I look away from the window. Everyone shakes their head as I walk up to Krystal. "Then set a course for Vale, the others will defend beacon as best they can but we need to keep the hoards at bay as well as help any survivors." I explain. Krystal gun's it to Vale and drops us off at the landing pads. "Alright people let's get to work!" I yell as I open fire on some Grimm that are in our way. We charge and fight our way through hoards of Grimm as we finally reach the center of town. The ground starts shaking and I feel a shiver of dread climb up my spine. "What the hell, an earthquake?" Lance says as a Mountain explodes in the distance and  a dragon emerges from it and drops pods of Grimm upon us as it fly's toward Beacon. "What the hell is that!" Angel yells as the Dragon from the mountain fly's over us. "Questions for later, right now we have our own problems to deal with." I yell as I fan fire through a pack of Grimm. Everyone ready's their weapon and starts fighting. We kill as many Grimm as we can but more just keep coming.