1

Dean had been on stage auditioning for a place at Hollywood arts. The most prestigious of all highschools. He had always had a heart for singing and playing guitar. Now he finally had an outlet.

Tori and the others stood in the crowd listening and dancing.

"Wow he sounds amazing" said Tori as the others nodded.

"Listen to how he plays the guitar" Andre said as he Dean played his solo.

Jade couldn't take her eyes off of him. She was captivated by the mere sight of the man in front of her. Beck took notice and got jealous.

"What Beck" she said as he drug her out into the hall.

"I saw the way you were staring at him" he said in an angry tone, still holding onto her arm.

"Ow let go, you're hurting me let go!!" Shd screamed catching Dean's attention.

"Hey scum bag" Dean said as Beck took notice.

"What do you want"

"Let the girl go" he demanded, in a calm tone.

"Or what"

Dean grabbed Becks wrist, twisted it behind his back, and forced him up against the locker.

"I'm gonna tell you this once, you ever touch look or walk her way, if you even think about her I will make you hurt in ways you never knew you could." He said as Beck struggled to break free.

"What does it matter to you" he said

"I cant stand seeing a woman getting hurt"

He released him, letting him run and helped Jade to her feet.

"Thanks, no ones ever stood up for me before" she said as she stood up.

"Well, maybe you just havent met the right people" he said as he let go of her hand.

"Jade"

"Dean"

Just the the others came running out of the black box.

"Oh my god, Jade are you ok?" Tori asked as Jade nodded and showed them her wrist.

"What happened" Robbie asked

"Beck went psycho, grabbed me and in a jealous fit of rage, bruised my wrist." She said as she motioned towards Dean. "He saved me from him" she said as security came and started asking questions about the incident.

Tori had invited everyone back to her house, including Dean. Once there sodas and snacks were passed around, and everyone introduced themselves.

"So what's your story" rex asked as they all took a particular interest in the newest member of the group.

"I came here from Kansas, me and my brother, Sam. My mother died in a car accident when I was young. And my dad moved us out here for a better life with my grand parents."

He said as they all had a look of pity on their faces.

"Whered you learn to sing?" Tori asked.

"My grandmother, yeah she had alot of old records that she would play for sam ." He said as he picked up his guitar and played his favorite song as a kid."

"You seem like a family man" Jade said as she sat next to him causing him to chuckle.

"Yea, I am, A wise man once told me family don't end with blood. But it doesn't start there either. Family cares about you. Not what you can do for them. Family's there. For the good, bad, all of it. They got your back. Even when it hurts. That's family" he said making Jade look back on her own family, and realizing that tori and the others and now Dean, are like her family.