Royal AU P.2 :)

"My Lady, what has caught your interest today?" A gentle voice asked, stroking my hair.

"Those flowers... they remind me of the place we first met. Do you remember?" "Of course I do. You looked so beautiful with that bright yellow dress that shined as bright as the sun."

Lies.

"I wish I could go back to that day."

Lies.

"I love you, (Y/N)."

Lies.

××××

I woke up in a cold sweat, Noelle right by my side. She had apparently been trying to shake me awake because I had been talking so loudly.

"Ah.. I'm sorry for worrying you, Noelle. It was just a dream, that's all." Noelle's eyes shined brightly as she hesitantly nodded. "My Lady, the ceremony is in 2 days and you still do not have a suitable dress. I would advise we should hurry and get one today."

And so that's what we did. I went out into the city with Noelle and Kaeya to pick out a dress, trusting only my own judgement for the dress I desired. As we arrived, the tailor welcomed us in and showed me a variety of trendy dresses, and even customizable ones.

The one that I ended up buying was a dress that I thought didn't stand out as much. It was a beautiful one, but it wasn't one that would attract so much attention.

"Haha, did you choose that dress because of my hair color?" Kaeya laughed as soon as I finished taking my measurements

"Haha, did you choose that dress because of my hair color?" Kaeya laughed as soon as I finished taking my measurements. "In your dreams," I smiled. "I chose it because Noelle said it suited me."

"Everything suits you, my Lady!" Noelle exclaimed as we walked out of the store.

Thus came time for the birthday party. It had come faster than I had anticipated. This was my first public showing in more than 6 years, so I was expecting eyes from all around but were going to die out as the Royal Twins come out.

"Are you nervous?" Noelle asked as she fixed up the last of my hair.