ch. 4 smoke

I walked into the room where Kai and master Wu were waiting. Master Wu was talking to Kai so I walked in as quietly as possible. "I want to apologize for not listening to you Kai. That was my mistake and I will try not to make it again." He apologized to Kai. "Its fine..." Kai mumbled. I looked at him suspiciously and noticed Wu doing the same. "Uhh... Kai? You sure you good... you have been acting a little off?" I asked. He nodded. "I'm fine... just tired from the lack of sleep last night." He mumbled again. I sighed and shook my head. Master Wu looked at us. "Now that you both are here. I wanted to speak with you about the fact you left late last night, by yourself after I had specifically told you to get some rest Kai, and you went along with it Jay?" Wu said. Kai sighed and was about to defend himself when I butted in. "Kai woke me up after you told him what he saw most likely wasn't real even though he knew what he saw was. Believing i would understand he woke me up for help in which I did help him because no one else here would. After all if you didn't believe him. Everyone else would have had there doubts. And sense we felt it was worth checking out to either ease his worries or prove they were back because it was a problem that needed to be addressed in our eyes. And if you had taken the problem more seriously, Kai and I wouldn't have had to take the problem into our own hands just to prove to you that the impossible is possible Master Wu. So I honestly wouldn't be mad at him. He was in the right. Making sure something wasn't seriously wrong that could doom Ninjago while you sat around as if it was just some little fib from a child and now your mad at us for taking things into our own hands because you didn't do things properly. I don't think so Wu." I said without hesitation. Wu and Kai stood there in shock for a moment. Before Wu could respond however a spoke up again. "And I don't want to hear whatever excuses you have. Neither of us do. Kai has never told a single lie that wasn't necessary before. He has always been on our side and always spoke the truth when it doesn't pertain to his feelings. That scared look on his face last night should have been an instant sign that something was terribly wrong. After all, Kai doesn't show feelings often. At least feelings that make him appear weak or fragile. Kai had no reason to lie about the time twins returning. After all why would he. They had been the reason he was so mental scared growing up and he doesn't want to deal with them as much as you do. And from the looks of his hair and the bags under his eyes you should have been able to tell it wasn't just some dream. There's absolutely nothing you can say that can defend you from your mistake." I finished. Again they both stood in silence. "I think we're done here. Let's go Kai, its best you get some rest." I said grabbing Kai and dragging him out of the room without giving either of them a chance to reply.

Wu sighed as he walked up the mountain. He had left his two students alone after he silently checked on them. They had both passed out in there beds hours ago. His other students however have not gotten home yet. They should be arriving home soon. All he could think about is what happened with his most vocal student. He has had never seen his student snap like that. He's heard from his other students of the rare times he does but he's never actually experienced it for himself. Though he couldn't find it in his heart to be mad at him for doing so. After all he was right. He sighed.
It's been almost a year since Nya left the team and merged with the sea. Ever since then Kai and Jay have not been the same. None of the ninja have. But most of the others had learned to move past it. While Kai and Jay still have their moments of Grieving. He was worried about them.

Wu eventually got to his spot and set up everything he needed to do one of his smoke visions. As he was though, his mind drifted back to his two students.
he could tell that they still were affected by her "death".  Though she was still physically alive, the Nya they knew was no longer there; the Nya they loved was dead. But Wu's worries only grew when he left one day to go do his smoke visions in a more quiet and peaceful place. The other ninja had left to go do some work in Ninjago city while Kai and Jay stayed behind. The two boys recently have been near each other often. They seemed to be discussing something but none of the others would know what. As one of the others comes over they keep there mouths shut.