A Champion's Struggle

Authoress' Note: Never have I ever thought to write another one-shot revolving around Pokémon. The reason this came to me out of the blue is because of things becoming rather complicated in my life as of late.

Usually, I tend to just endure each day, but lately, I feel like I am just sinking, trying my best to make things work. I rarely show how emotional I can get, but I feel overwhelmed by having to take on long days and just having to roll with things as they come up.

Case in point, I thought that I would write from Leon's perspective once again, only this time, as the Champion under Rose's shadow. It does sound menacing, but I promise that things won't be as dark as it sounds.

Not to mention that this is well before the Darkest Day mess that we know our lovely Chairman's the cause of bringing because all he cared about is something that's a thousand years too early. I swear, if I had my way, I'd be spending the post-game searching for him personally just so I can challenge him to a battle often. All to whittle down his hard earned money. XD

And yes, this is another locker room story. Don't know what possessed me to write yet another one of these, but if I was the Champion, I'd find wherever I can in order to hide, even if it is for a little while and home is sadly not an option.

A Champion's Struggle

One-Shot

A fist strikes the perfectly well maintained locker in front of Leon, denting the door slightly as he stifles a growl from emerging from his throat. It had been a long day and Rose took the pleasure of having Leon attend meetings with random business owners to promote Galar's sponsors. He could not leave the Chairman's side for even a moment without being questioned or stopped by the Chairman.

Lunch itself was a horrible experience, and it was not just because of the bland food that reeked of expensive tastes. Leon thought that he could leave immediately afterwards, but Oleana easily intercepted him. The vice president scowled at the Champion almost though he was a misbehaving child when he told her that he wanted to leave.

"The Chairman needs you to learn how to ensure the continued support from our sponsors. You will have to go back in there and continue to play your part, Champion..."

That had to be an excuse to hold him hostage all day when all he wanted was to fly on Charizard back home to visit his mum and Hop. He even wanted to spend time in raid battles for a time since they always brought him joy.

Seriously, even a nap somewhere out in the Wild Area would have suited him fine over the inane things Rose had planned with Leon.

Following lunch, Leon sat opposite Oleana and Rose while the two of them conversed about things that bored the Champion. They were in a taxi that was flying them to their next destination, and Leon found himself glancing out the window. He did not pay attention to what they were discussing because it probably had nothing to do with him.

Business and Champions do not tend to mix well in Leon's head, and he feels lost whenever these concepts are presented with little warning. He would sooner want to battle against Raihan and purposely let him win just to get away from this torment that Rose had brought to him.

After landing in Wyndon, Leon was forced to read a speech that reeked of Oleana's writing to address the mining situation that trapped four miners in the mountains. He knew that this news was terrible, but instead of taking action, he was forced to read it almost though he was above the consequences of the miner's actions. The thought of their loved ones being in the audience hearing that they might perish was making his already queasy stomach lurch.