Chapter 2 - Dreams

As soon as I walked into the one room apartment, I could tell why no one lives here (or should I say USED to live here.). The place was a dump!

" Peeling wallpaper, broken floor boards, and not to mention trash everywhere.... PERFECT." I said with a grin. "I mean it IS a fixer upper, but the best I've every seen."

At least the couch was all, well mostly, in one piece. I can adapt. I quickly made myself comfortable on top of a big pile of stuffing and fabric and fell asleep.
____________
** " Shadow, Shadow.....Shadow where are you?"

" Here mother!"

" Shadow you know not to fool around when were hunting."

" I know," "wait mother I smell *sniff sniff* a fox!"

" Good! Don't lose the scent!"

" I won't, I won't!"

"SHHH!"

"Sorry."

" I got it mother! I really got one!"

"Good my little one, maybe we might might get a full meal today..."

"And no kicking?"

" Hopefully, my little one." "Hopefully."**

I wake in a gasp as a bright light passes over the window.

"Oh, just a car," I sigh in relief. " No dogs....yet."

I try to fall back to sleep, but my mind is in a puzzle. I wish Mother was here, with me, helping me. Together. Alone.....
Somehow, I fall asleep.
**I see myself in a hazy room full of mist, but I can just make out the forest like features. In front of me I see a blue hazy like figure, almost in the shape of an apple.
"Oh great, now apples are haunting my dreams!"
But just then it shape shifted into a bird figure, a Phoenix. With a roaring flame on its back. I extended my paw towards it to try and touch, but then right before it shape shifted again I heard the faint echoed words, Shadow, Shadow.... shadow where are you? Then a very bright light shone in my face. My bright write fur grew streaks of black. I wasn't scared though, I felt a sense of comfort. Just then a paw-like hand stretched out and gently brushed past my fur. Looked up and saw... HONK! HONK!

"Really! Another car!!!" I howled.

I guess I had to wake up sooner or later. But just then I heard a deep growl, and one small yelp. I knew that growl anywhere. It was Midnight. One of those bigger ally dogs that picks on every other dog that is smaller then him. So that's basically everyone, considering that he was a Great Dane mix. Well, since he does pick on me as well I decided to just leave the poor thing alone.

"Ugggghhhh... Why does that dog have to moan so loud," I groaned. "me and my big heart."
So I got up and decided to help the poor fool who got stuck this time.
__________________
I didn't think eating before a fight as going going to help me since I'm going to just get the wind knocked out of me anyway. When I approached the scene, I saw a 2 year old lab in the jaws of Midnight and his little dog gang behind him.
Midnight noticed me in a second, and instantly dropped the puppy near his gang.

"Well, well, well. Look who decided to show up." He growled with a smirk.

"Well, well, well," I mocked. "Look what the cat dragged in."

Midnight gave me a death stare, and the poor lab gave me big puppy eyes almost saying, don't worry about me save your self. For some reason I couldn't leave I had to fight. And from the looks of Midnight's drooling mouth and blood red eyes, I could tell we were in for a big one.