Part 8

My heart beat sped up as I stood in front of the closed ballroom doors, I kept taking deep breaths and trying to calm myself down. "It's going to be fine." Harrison whispered in my ear as he placed his palm on the small of my back, catching my attention.

"What?" I asked, confusion written all over my face.

"I can see you are nervous, but everything will be fine, I promise." He reassured once again and extended his arm out for me and signaled the guards to open the doors, giving me a wink as started to walk.

"I present, Prince Harrison of Redmont and Princess Y/n of Northollow." The royal entry announced. The second we were in view I could feel everyone's eyes on me, on us. My grip on Harrison's arm tightened and immediately he placed his free hand on my nervous ones to calm me down. I look at him, he looked so confident and calm which made me calm for some reason; or maybe it was my stubbornness telling me that if he could do it so could I. Remembering that I was in front of thousands of people my lips curved into a soft smile as we descended the stairs. Stepping down the last step I met the eyes of my very happy parents as well as my now mother-in-law and all of our subjects curtsying. "If you feel uncomfortable," Harrison leaned in, "just give me a squeeze and I'll get us out of there okay?" He offered, eyes glistening with care and comfort. I gave a small nod of agreement.

My cheeks began to ache after two hours of smiling, getting acquainted with our guests and still having my arm wrapped around Harrison's bicep. Everytime we were talking to some general or any boring dignitary all it took was a small squeeze to his arm and we were out of there in no time. Using Harrison to escape from any boring conversation might have been the only thing kept me from loosing my mind.

"Could you not do that?" Harrison fake-smiled as he took a sip of his champagne.

"Do what?" I asked innocently, of course I knew what I was doing.

"I told you you could squeeze my arm when you were nervous not to get out of every conversation, you're making me look bad."

"You suggested it in the first place," I reminded him of the offer he made earlier tonight,"and plus you make yourself look bad, so don't put that on me."

"Hey! I'm not that bad looking!" He defended himself and his fingers through his hair.

"I would like to agree with that." A voice came from behind us and interrupted our banter, but I could see Harrison tense up and visibly gulp.

"You majesty," she curtsied and turned to Harrison, "Harrison." She nodded, so he knew her. "Helena." She introduced herself with a smile, although I felt it was a bit conniving, "But I'm sure Harrison has told you all about me."

"Uh, no he hasn't actually."

"We used to date, but I ended it two years ago." He said sternly, anger lacing his voice,"You need to leave before you make a scene."

"Oh, but I just got here, won't you introduce me to your little trophy here."

"Excuse me?" I cut in.

"Leave, now." Harrison said lowly.

"Good luck." She mocked as she whipped her hair and let us be. So many thoughts had been swimming through my mind, I never expected for Harrison to be such a hot headed person.

"Will you be okay for sometime? I just need some fresh air." He asked and took off to the gardens before I nodded, seeing Harrison like this reminded me of the time with Chad, a shudder running down my spine at that memory. I understood what he was going through, and maybe I must have been wrong about him.

"Your majesty." A deep voice came from behind, "Edward!" I exclaimed and went in for a hug, forgetting that we were at a royal event with many eyes on me at all times, but I didn't care; Edward was one of my good friends.

We began to catch up with each other, the first and last time we had met was when I was thirteen and the palace had held a three-day celebration in honor of my birthday. We had a splendid time reminiscing the good times. I was so caught up with Edward I had completely forgotten about Harrison; excusing myself I quietly sneaked off to the gardens before mother would scold me for leaving my own party.

On my way there I kept thinking on how I should approach him, when I reached there I saw him facing the water fountain. the closer I walked, I realized that he wasn't alone. And what my eyes caught next completely shattered and enraged me.

I saw Harrison kissing, her.

a/n: hehehe 🤭