Chapter One: Fred's Death

A/N: I am probably going to cry my heart out while writing this 😭. I just looked at the picture and started sobbinggg.

------------------------------------

Hermione's Pov:

It's been a few days after Fred Weasley's death. Nothing was ever the same. No one could laugh, no one could smile. Who would have thought that in the end, the Weasley twins would be the ones to put out smiles and laughter. George took it the hardest. He lost his half. He lost everything. Everyone lost someone or a part of themselves in the war. Like me for instance. I lost my parents. Well, I didn't lose them, I had to erase their memories of me to protect them. Ron, he lost his brother, the one that always pulls pranks on him. Harry, well he lost everything. When George lost Fred, he wasn't the same. none of us were. He never came out of his room, never came down to eat, we've all tried but he won't budge. Sometimes I hear him crying, and Ginny too. Ginny lost both of her brothers because after Fred was gone, George was never around. Yesterday Mrs. Weasley accidentally called George Fred when she tried to persuade him to come out and she burst into tears. Mr. Weasley does his best to comfort her but he himself can barely hold it together. Ron really does try his best to piece his family back together but they are all broken beyond repair. It pains me to see the Weasley's like this. They were always like family. For some reason, I feel guilty. Like it was my fault he died. I should have saved him. I should have done something, then maybe he would still be here. Every time I just close my eyes, I see him and the look on his face haunts me. I should have done better. I feel like I lost everything. It hurts me to even think that he's gone. Even though I always scolded them for pranking the first years, I've always admired them for being able to lift people's spirits. But I've always admired Fred the most. The way he's able to cheer up Ginny when she needs her big brother, the way he's gentle with kids, The way he can be serious when he needs to be. I guess you could say over the years I have developed a massive crush on him. More like loved him even. I never got the chance to tell him. And now I never will. After I found out about Fred's death, I felt like my whole world crumbled. I already lost my parents, they were all the family I had left, and now I lost the one person that meant the most to me. George isn't the only the to feel lost, hopeless, broken. I was broken too.

A/N: Welp if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go cry in a corner now 😭