Chapter 32

Third Person POV

You groggily awoke as a beam of sunlight struck your face sat up, and yawned as you realized you were the only one in the room.

When you tried to get out of bed, all you felt was a pain in your back and legs. As you pushed yourself to stand up, you winced.

You did really walk like a penguin.

Kenma then entered the room, carrying a breakfast tray.

"Mr. Kozume." You said as you went to help him.

"No, It's fine." He said as you nodded in response.

"How's your body? Is it still aching?" Kenma inquired, his voice concerned. He slid the tray into the bedside table while reaching into the drawer for a bottle of ointment.

He knelt by the bedside and held your legs as he applied ointment.

"Umm, Mr. Kozume." You muttered as you looked at him.

"Call me Kenma." He replied with his deep morning voice.

You paused because calling him that didn't feel right, but he's still your boss.

"Still not used to it?" He chuckled as he glanced at you.

"If it's not during work hours, you may call me Kenma; if it is, well, that's your choice." He stated while you felt your heart raced a little quicker, you couldn't help but smile and nod.

"Sure, Kenma." You smiled as he stood up and put the ointment back into the drawer.

You wrapped yourself in a blanket and trembled from the cold, and when Kenma noticed it, he quickly reduced the room's temperature and switched off the air conditioning.

Another simple thing Kenma did make you flutter; you weren't sure why you felt secure with him, despite what had happened the night before.

"Y/n." You turned your head to look at him, not expecting him to address you by your last name, though you were used to his addressing you by your title secretary.

"Are you enjoying the food?" He asked as he turns the television on.

"Yes, you ordered it?"

"You can say that because I ordered the limited edition ones at the hotel," she says.

He said it casually with a shrug as his eyes were fixed on the television, your mouth gaping as he uttered it as if it were nothing.

"Have you had anything to eat yet?" You inquired, and he responded with a nod.

"Don't worry too much; your first priority is yourself right now; just eat and let me know when you're done." He reminded you in a gentle tone that you blushed, and he didn't fail to notice it; he smirked as he walked to the restroom.

While his back was facing you, you can see the marks and scratches from last night.

You coughed as you widened your eyes, Kenma came back as he noticed you.

"What happened?"

"I'm good, just—um." You stuttered as you avoided his gaze, he noticed what you were implying, and there he even smirked widely.

"Oh?" He chuckled as he kissed you on the cheeks.

"I'm done with my food." You answered as you tried to hide your blush.

"Okay, just leave them there." He stated as he lay on the bed, Kenma grabbed his phone and made a call, and you didn't seem to mind because you were sitting next to him.

A couple of hotel service members rushed into the room with cleaning materials and a tray in a flash.

"Mr. Kozume assigned us to clean this room, so please excuse us." The employees excused themselves as they went to start cleaning.

"Umm Kenma." You called Kenma as the staff widen their eyes and looked at the both of you.

Kenma noticed the workers as they coughed and went back to work.

"Yes, baby?" Kenma teased you as the employees side-eyed you both while coughing, and you widened your eyes from the awkwardness in the room as you nudged Kenma.

"I-I'll be going back to my room, sorry for the interruption." You said as Kenma only chuckled at your reaction.

"Where's my goodbye kiss?" Kenma said loudly, clearly wanting the cleaners to hear, you did an I'll-kill-you face to Kenma while he only raised both of his brows and smiled innocently.

The workers whistled teasingly as you looked at them.

You rolled your eyes and finally went to give Kenma a kiss on the cheeks.

Kenma smirked at you as you blushed and bolted from the room. You recall how you used to be the one who was always teasing him.

Oh how the tables have turned.

"Do you know how we're so worried?!"

Yachi scolded you as soon as you entered the room, you flinched as you only pouted at her and smiled.

"I didn't mean to! Plus I just went somewhere."

"Where?" Yachi asked you while you froze and a blush started to flood your whole face.

"Well." You coughed while Yachi squinted her eyes at you.

"What's on your neck?" She said as she went near you. "And why are you walking funny?" She asked suspiciously.

"Well, you see." You tried to explain, but then she widened her eyes and covered her mouth as she closed the door and squealed.

"Who?!" Yachi asked as her eyes screamed curiosity.

"Well? Guess it." You giggled as her smile dropped and crossed her arms.

"Mr. Koz—"

"Ahh! We have a lot of business to do, it says here on the schedule that there's a meeting at the blabla." You cut her off as you went inside the bathroom and decided to take a bath.

"I knew it!" She said as she jumped at the bed.

She ran to the bathroom and banged the door. "So how was it?!"

"I almost got split in half!" You shouted from the bathroom while Yachi widened her eyes.