Chapter seven: What Is This Feeling?

⚠️T/W: Swearing and slight homophobia⚠️

Karl sat down and took a deep breath, "Alright, I don't know why, but I get some weird feelings towards the new visitor, Sapnap." Karl bit his bottom lip and his leg started bouncing. He was scared of what Mai was going to say. He knew she wouldn't judge him or say anything bad to him but a thought in the back of his head told him otherwise. Karl's palms started sweating, indicating that he was nervous. He quickly wiped his hand in his sweater and waited for the judgement that will come out of her mouth, but instead, he was asked a question that would take the conversation a bit deeper.

Mai tilted her head a little. She knew what he was talking about, but she needed to make sure, "Can you explain this feeling to me, Karl?" She asked, pulling in her chair and resting her chin in her hands.

"I don't know, my face gets warmer, my heartbeat gets faster, there's a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. I've never felt this way before." Karl rested his back against the chair and sighed deeply. He then got a response he wasn't expecting to hear.

"Now, I'm not an expert, but I think you're falling in-love with Sapnap." Mai said, fixing her glasses and heading to a shelf.

Karl was terrified after hearing that response. He knew if his father found out. Karl found out about his father's homophobia. He remembered what his father said that day: "If you fall in-love with a boy, Karl, I won't consider you as my son and I will not hesitate killing you're so-called, 'lover'. A man can't love another man, do you want to go to Hell?"  Karl didn't want Sapnap to be killed, "Mai! I can't be in-love with a man." He whisper-shouted the last sentence.

Mai turned to Karl and raised an eyebrow, "Why? What's wrong with that?" She truly was confused about what Karl said, "You can't control your feelings towards anyone or anything."

"My father will kill Sapnap if he finds out about this." 

"God! That fucking old piece of shit always has to ruin things, right?! " Mai crossed her arms and groaned, "I've always wished that dickhead died instead of the queen."

"Mai, I can't get Sapnap killed." 

"How about we kill that old piece of shit then?" Mai suggested, taking out another book from the shelves and reading their blurb.

Karl's eyes widened at Mai's suggestion, "No! He's my father! I can't do that!"

"Well, wait until he dies then, I don't have any other ideas."

Karl sighed, "You know I'm impatient, Mai."

"I told you I'm out of ideas."

"Let's change the subject. Did you find the book you were talking about?"

Mai sighed as she put the book back on the shelf, "No, I didn't."

"Alright, I guess I'm going to bed." Karl said, standing up and stretching his arms in the air.

"I'm staying here until I find that book, night!"

"Good night!" 

——

Karl had already exited the library. He was walking in the dark hallways, enjoying the silence. The castle was a bit noisy during the day. 

Karl was walking up a huge staircase that led to his room, "PRINCE KARL!" A maid yelled from the bottom of the staircase. She was out of breath.

"Yes? Is there something wrong?" Karl ran to the maid, almost tripping and falling down on his face. 

"His majesty wants you in his office right now!"

Karl knew this was bad, "Alright, thank you!" He started making his way to his father's office, knowing what was going to happen. Karl was really tired; he just wanted to sleep on his bed and to finally not have nightmares that would wake him up all night. The prince passed a painting of him and his mother. He stopped in his tracks to look at the painting. He sighed and then walked away. 

——

Karl was now in front of his father's office. His heart was beating fast and his palms were sweating. Karl lifted his shaking hand and slowly knocked on the door, "Name and business." An imitating and harsh voice said. 

"Father, it's me Karl, a maid said you wanted to see me." 

"Alright, you may enter."

Karl gulped and placed his hand on the cold metal door knob, turning it, and pushed the door open. Once Karl entered, he was met by his father's cold glare, "Take a seat, son."

Karl nodded and did as his father requested, "Yes, father, you wanted me here?"

"Yes, as you may have heard about new visitors and apparently they managed to make those disgusting grey clouds disappear from the kingdom."

"Yes, father, I do know about them."

"I don't want you anywhere near them, Karl, alright?"

"Wh-what? Why?!"

"I don't trust them, they could be spies or something like that."

"They're from L'manburg, father."

"That's the problem with you, son, you're too gullible."

"Mai has guards watching them so don't worry."

"Karl, they're going to get information about our kingdom and maybe give it to Dream, the King of Dream SMP!"

"They said they're from L'manburg!" 

The king groaned, "Fine, trust them, but if it turns out they're lying, don't say I didn't warn you."

Karl only sighed in frustration and made his way to his bedroom, "Mai was right, why did mother have to go and not him?!"

——

Karl tried to sleep, but he couldn't. He kept getting dreams of him and Sapnap getting married or falling in-love. Karl knew what was Sapnap's fate if his father found out, "I can't let that happen. I need to get rid of this feeling, but, how?"

Karl didn't get any sleep. He was too busy to think of ways to get rid of his feelings and those dreams he kept having.

A/N: This was short and rushed, sorry. I wanted to get a chapter out for you all. I'll edit it later when I have motivation.

Word count: 974

Edited: ❌

Hope you have a good day or night!